Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty then, Elias and FrunoB! Thank you for your interest. The brim is a non-dimensional 2-1/4" (+ or - 1/16") with an overwelt. My guess is that this is a mid 50s hat.
Inside (sorry for the lighting, but quality and speed are usually mutually exclusive)...
IMG_7468.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
Charlie, I think our hats are of similar vintage today if liners are any indication.
ad7a75e1-13e0-4ac7-9779-c250a7003ad5_zpsol7j47jw.jpg
I think your 3X trumps my Royal, though!
bb412ee6-2d54-430b-9c9a-92903220799d_zpsz2hnhewy.jpg
Stratoliner

el_ote

Familiar Face
Alrighty then, Elias and FrunoB! Thank you for your interest. The brim is a non-dimensional 2-1/4" (+ or - 1/16") with an overwelt. My guess is that this is a mid 50s hat.
Inside (sorry for the lighting, but quality and speed are usually mutually exclusive)...
View attachment 31061

It's a looker. I like the brim width and keep bouncing back and forth between a 2" and a 2 1/2" for my next hat. i cant seem to find a 2 1/4 stetson in graphite, which is what im after. The closest i get is 2 3/8" which seems like it would look closer to 2 1/2 rather than 2 1/4 even though its an 1/8" either way...

looks great, thanks for the info!

Thank you for the nice replies on yesterday's choice. Everyone is posting good photos - it's always exciting to see fine hats worn in the world.

Harv, the cap is a great look for you... as with Greg, this style (so well executed by Jonathan and other Lounge artisans) is a perfect fit for your strong jawline. Enjoy it!

Thank you, Alan! :yo:
That's a honey of a Knox straw you are wearing today!

i cant seem to find a 2 1/4 stetson in graphite, which is what im after. The closest i get is 2 3/8" which seems like it would look closer to 2 1/2 rather than 2 1/4 even though its an 1/8" either way...

Your hat size will make a difference, Elias. Larger sizes can more easily sport wider brims. A 2-3/8" on a larger size doesn't appear too wide, generally.

My memory of details isn't what it used to be, but the all-gold crest would indicate a slightly different era. Solid details in the Stetson Crest Thread!

Wicked sweet lid, whatever the inside says, Frun.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Harv, I almost didn't recognize you in that JC cap!!

Sam, that is one of the sharper looking Hat People caps I've seen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertDan

One Too Many
Great looking lids gentlemen!

I still need to get the box out of the closet that contains my straws, prbably need to buy a couple of more as they are very unrepresented in my collection.

Today I actually bought and am wearing my first ever baseball cap! GO D-BACKS!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy