Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Today this Tom Mix
20150708.jpg

And later the Biltmore
20150708b.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I wore my Falcon Park today. Although the brim is my stingiest, it's one of my absolute favorites! Shhh... don't tell Joao, it's only 2 1/4"!

06ef03f7-8af4-46a2-8557-6ade9c83d9b5.jpg

Let's shed some light on the subject...

d165c800-37e1-4e68-8876-f518514de85a.jpg

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Today's choice is the polar opposite of g.durand's hat yesterday. This Stetson Sovereign Twenty is the deepest black of all the hats I own, and it's pretty difficult to get a good shot of it.

ba7e3a519895795ee4ef0efd4b3e0888.jpg

518d980a6c711d2d176f29ffc25aaa8d.jpg

I need to try an outdoors shot sometime, but it's usually still dark when I arrive at the office in the morning.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Today's choice is the polar opposite of g.durand's hat yesterday. This Stetson Sovereign Twenty is the deepest black of all the hats I own, and it's pretty difficult to get a good shot of it.

ba7e3a519895795ee4ef0efd4b3e0888.jpg

518d980a6c711d2d176f29ffc25aaa8d.jpg

I need to try an outdoors shot sometime, but it's usually still dark when I arrive at the office in the morning.

in my opinion that is the best look I've seen on you

the hat sits a little higher and really looks to wear well

beautiful hat and a really good look for you

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
in my opinion that is the best look I've seen on you

the hat sits a little higher and really looks to wear well

beautiful hat and a really good look for you

Thanks, Moon. It's one of the few 7 1/8 Stetsons that fits me well. Seems like most of the others have a more generous cut and need to be padded a bit.

The brim is about 2 5/8", so it's one of the wider brims I own. Around the house it's come to be known as the 'Big A$$ Stetson' simply because the color (or lack of it) makes it appear even bigger that it really is.

javadave61

Practically Family
S4C, that black hat looks great on you. Here in Central Pennsylvania, I've given up on the black hat. Unlike hearing "Indiana Jones" with all my other hats, I get the "you look Amish" comments with a black hat.

Today, the Premiere Stratoliner.

b1c89211656e6ad2c708e2f1c9a857f1.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
I'm just amazed that it's still possible! When you think of all the cool things that are kind of lost to time, felted edges, unreeded sweatbands and so on, it's cool this is still an option.

Bob Jessee is one of our most creative hatters. He could be quickly coronated King of Corrugation.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many

I've posted a few pics in both threads, Tommy. I've taken a WAG that it's a 40's hat since it's got the tan keyhole tag with black ink, but would appreciate a more definite age if anyone can pin it down better.

tommyK

One Too Many
Thanks S4C. Generally when I see a leaf in the logo instead of the stars I think more 50's and later but, it's Stetson and there are numerous exceptions.

Catching up is hard to do! The pace of super lids has been well maintained during the summer vacations.

My attempt at keeping up with the Trevi's... my Stetson Black (dark charcoal, maybe?) Milan!

IMG_7547.jpg IMG_7551.jpg IMG_7559.jpg IMG_7561.jpg IMG_7565.jpg

Mr. Roberts, that Brewster is one sweet lid. Lovin' the mellow color! Hint to (Bob) the new photo-poster: When I take my selfies, I try to be sure they aren't visible, but today we can see the bars of your cage (or cell?) behind you, though... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Mr Hats, thank you. Sweet pug on that Milan! The mug is another story... :) That Stetson color is called "Buck." The jail is the "Exotic Birds Correctional Institution."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic