Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning fellows. Thanks for the comments on my posting yesterday. I do appreciate it.

Standout posts yesterday. You wear your hats in many interesting places.

i-3GnSm67-XL.jpg

This morning with the expectation of warm sunny weather I have completed some yard chores and a dog walk already. My vtg. Stetson Flagship rode the top of my bald pate this morning. The Flagship has a many unique features. The petersham hat ribbon, stitched and welted brim edge and the medium weight soft felt are just some unique features of this 40's hat. Like many vtg.Stetson hat models they were sold in many versions. My hat is a rosy, carmel felt with a "narrower" petersham ribbon. Check this thread for more versions and more info, http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?16524-Stetson-Flagship/page6, (my post #55 has more photos). One of my all time fav hats is shown on this thread by Jimmy The Lid - a sage colored Flagship. It is a beauty!

i-GSxMRBv-XL.jpg

i-48qpF6K-XL.jpg

Comparision shot of same vintage Stratoliner and a Flagship (archived photo):

IMG7846-M.jpg

My typing this post reminds me that the forum contains soooo many great references to vintage hats. They should be dug up and viewed more often. Last evening I really enjoyed the ones that Josh "dug up" from the archives. Good viewing to all.

Best and stay cool in the hot summer, Eric -

Very nice, Eric. I don't see many petershams on men's hats. I like the color.

And +1 on Josh's bumps yesterday. Nice to catch up on some of those threads. We need a Wiki...

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Eric ... you just made me do the Fred Sanford

"Elizabeth !!!... I'm comin' Elizabeth!!... this is the big one ..." (hand over my heart)

[video=youtube;stdi-1tIUhM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdi-1tIUhM[/video]

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Hey Moon thanks for the laugh!

Like many others on the forum, I can not make time all days to share the hat I am wearing. On days were coaching, travel and family do not tug hard I make time to post on this forum. Almost everyday I enjoy the postings and edify myself on all things hats.

Shortly ago, I paddled my sailboat and myself back to the dock. I wished to sail, but needed one of the key ingredients - wind. Ahhh, but my Stetson panama and I got a small exercise. I think I will rest up, hope for wind and play the guitar (ala moonthelon). I have a yet un-learned portion of "You've Got to Reap What You Sow (1929 version)" that I wish to play in public this evening.

i-TkXXJsT-M.jpg

i-VWv2c4N-S.jpg

i-TR9D38X-S.jpg

Looking for my string winder and that box of new strings, Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the advice. Both my shantungs were very very cheap (both fished from the bay).
Nice looking hat but I wouldn't go for a green one.

Shantung hats here can run to several hundred (or more) dollars easily.

Funny isn't it, how we all have a hat colour we wouldn't want to wear.

For you, green, for TJ - black (or silverbelly), I'm sure everyone has their own.

Green hats just seem to work for me and I have several - a couple of Whippets, a Cavanagh, Campdraft, Buckeroo western, VS in the Stetson Weston style, the BSHW.

In my case, it's brown. I have a lot of felt hats and just one brown - a Garrison Hatters, Indy hat. Even my wife says I should avoid brown hats.

ingineer

One Too Many
Bob;
The porkpie suits you, i had given mine away a long time ago. Always felt like i was wearing a dixie cup. But on you it is a good look.
DJH;
i go through phases , used to have a lot of brown ones, now they just seem wrong, although i did just recently bought a brown cattleman, more like a old habit needed a different colour for variety sake. A lady friend always criticized me that that was not my colour , said i should always wear winter colours
Eric;
i am always amazed at your hats

Last edited:

photogravity

One of the Regulars
SBG, I really dig the pug on your Stetson. Very classy. And that Flagship!!! Words just cannot describe what a stunning hat that is.

Bob, I like the look of your Jaxon Porkpie. I have a fairly nice straw porkpie that's not seen much head time because I've been reluctant to snap the brim down. Now I've seen it's acceptable, I'll have to give it a go.

Chamuco, nice Borso hats. You take a mighty fine selfie. ;)

Today, another hat arrived on my doorstep: A gorgeous, Dobbs Rainbow in nearly perfect condition. One thing that wasn't apparent by looking at the pictures is that the hat has a Cavanagh edge. The felt is super lightweight too. I'm just tickled pink over this hat. Obligatory (horrible) selfies below.

IMG_5622.JPG

IMG_5623.JPG

javadave61

Practically Family
As David was talking about preferred colors, I have a preference for anything in the "autumn" family. I've had a few smart ladies in my life tell me that those match my skin tones better. I'm half color blind, so I lean on their wisdom.

Meanwhile, I've wanted a rust colored ribboned hat for a while now, so I picked up some vintage stock and changed out the brownish grey ribbon on my Falcon Park. I'm really enjoying the result.

56892bfa3823571e6717f217e3ed1eca.jpg

f70febaa478affc6065448de4df1aa59.jpg

f9f1300cdab4cc42e8bb14c0dd24c4bd.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Nice lids, folks!
The porkpie is a good look on you, Bob.
Javadave, the rust ribbon really transforms that hat from nice to awesome. Great choice.
I wnt with the OR today, hoping it might bring more rain, but no luck!
3f16d9908b624548bfdb34c469d19ade.jpg

Enjoy the rest of Saturday, all.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24