Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday I started with this (yes another) Stagecoach.
20150718.jpg

Later the EC
20150718b.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Don't recall seeing the black Stagecoach......really like the shape and brim on that puppy!!!:eusa_clap

It's one I don't wear much. I own those Stagecoach hats:
1x black (This one)
2x silverbelly (same ribbon, same brim binding, different crease. One was a gift (the one I wear more))
3x cordova (one is the turkey creek, the other is a +4" brim, the other a 3 1/2" brim)
1x brown not so dark as cordova color (it's a Dobbs West Stagecoach)
1x puma (whiskey)

YUP!!

And can't miss saying HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Greg and Mrs. Greg. A couple of the world!!
Yes! Happy Anniversary Greg.

And I agree 007, that panama looks great, and great on you.

Thanks for a fantastic weekend of hats (and caps) so far, folks. I've enjoyed every one of them.

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Thanks hatsRme and Moon!
Moon I always admire how good those hats look on you and always ask myself is wider brims (like yours) will do it for me? I'm only 5'-8" but I have very broad shoulders and back which I think is a factor on my favor to use wider brims. I guess I have another excuse to start buying more hats....... Lol
Thanks for the support guys.....:D

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone for commented on my new Cordova cap - Jonathan does such great work on these.

Yesterday afternoon I wore the other one, this one made from some ivory 1920's linen that Jonathan had kicking around:

smugshot_5356994-L.jpg

This linen is so light that the cap has a mesh liner to help hold its shape.

Bob - your PB Milan looks great. I walked down Houston Street yesterday afternoon to meet my wife for a late lunch and the restaurant was right across the street from Peters Bros. The hatshop was closed so I didn't get to see if the sale prices are still in effect.

Greg - fantastic photo of you and your lovely wife, congratulations on your anniversary!

Trevi - I agree with the others, the Panama looks great on you!

Support? Is that what we're calling it? I thought it was enabling.

Bought a Stetson Premier Milan the other day off eBay for dirt price, because it was very dirty. So I wanted to try my hand at cleaning it up and refurbing it a bit. I'm about 2/3 finished. Still need to clean up and re-install the pug. This is me out on my morning walk wearing a non-pugged, fresh from a bath and dry Stetson Premier to get it to conform back to my head.

IMG_0786.JPG IMG_0787.JPG

As you can see, I still have to do some brim work.

Despite the look of disapproval, Leo liked it very much.

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Thanks David ,great cap by the way..
Fruno I don't know what it's called , but I like the idea!:D . I would like to see that Stetson finished , great job!

RJR

DJH,I talked to Brad at Peters Bros a few days ago.He said he'll continue the $100 Milan price for Loungers indefinitely.

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
I got inspired by Moon , I think I'm going with this one today... What do you guys think?
Vintage Royal Stetson (super light felt)
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks hatsRme and Moon!
Moon I always admire how good those hats look on you and always ask myself is wider brims (like yours) will do it for me? I'm only 5'-8" but I have very broad shoulders and back which I think is a factor on my favor to use wider brims. I guess I have another excuse to start buying more hats....... Lol
Thanks for the support guys.....:D

absolutely

I'm only 5' 4" my man ... also with broad shoulders ... I also have a long beard ... so those two things sort of even out the high crown and wider brims that I enjoy

I think you should continue to venture out into the 2 1/2 + brims ... it definitely works with your face very well

that Royal looks fantastic on you ... great hat

and you are lucky with your size ... lots of amazing hats out there at prices that will not break the bank... take advantage of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy