Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Brown Caxton Strat clone today. I just wish these Caxtons had slightly wider brims.

d7445d2df32d8489d5069c8f0cc37297.jpg

g.durand - that is a very nice hat to be under. Looks smooth as butter.
Harv - lovin' the Cavanagh. Those Cavanagh edges are a thing of beauty.
S4C - I really like the look on those Caxtons. The brim width works for you, though. What width is that one?

IMG_0881.JPG

Thanks everybody on the props for my Whippet. I really wanted to wear it today, but put it aside as I didn't want to put it through the abuse of my lunchtime walk and stress the sweat too much. Took a lot of effort to leave it sitting there. But I'm cool! As this new Silverbelly CD has obviously found a high spot in my rotation. And it's a hat I'm actually trying to sweat in and break in. The walks, I'm sure, are helping to conform it.

Have a great day, everybody!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everybody on the props for my Whippet. I really wanted to wear it today, but put it aside as I didn't want to put it through the abuse of my lunchtime walk and stress the sweat too much. Took a lot of effort to leave it sitting there. But I'm cool! As this new Silverbelly CD has obviously found a high spot in my rotation. And it's a hat I'm actually trying to sweat in and break in. The walks, I'm sure, are helping to conform it.

Have a great day, everybody!

I think you are doing the right thing ... for both hats

my Akubra hats are the only slices that ease my heart on days when I really want to wear a nice vintage but know I shouldn't

I love the way they welcome the sweat & weather and end up looking and feeling better for it ... so resilient and sort of bloom from abuse like a rose through a crack in the concrete

job

One Too Many
Real nice felts today but like Charlie in his awesome Borso North Carolina heat and humidity call for my Tesi Parabuntal.

IMG_20150730_144753_zpswg0vkwra.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all for the props, boys!! I do love this one...

It's becoming apparent that the water from swimming with it up north is taking a toll on my camera, hence the foggy look to the photos for the last week or two. I used to shlep a load of heavy German camera and glass (lenses) around everywhere. Now I've gone for fingertip convenience, and find that as with everything tech, all they do is improve those pocket cameras. In first place consideration is the Sony RX100 IV. I have been using a Canon S110 for a couple of years, and am completely taken by the availability and quality of its performance. But I'm really intrigued by what I'm reading about the Sony. Any opinions or suggestions?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
You guys are all looking fantastic and I'm just honored to be part of the fold.
Rain in the forecast and I'm on my way to give a bunch of lessons in one of the CDs...
In my wife's car... What in the hell are these radio stations she has programmed ??

c5d4c3083e6474c8e774104557b6d499.jpg

73200b5e0d55e4abc4916f47ac09d829.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks, Michael.

This hat looks fantastic. It deserves more than just a box with a plastic insert.......maybe a drop top Eldorado or something like that.

How about something like this? About the same vintage as the hat.

1954-cadillac-eldorado_zpstqewgqpj.jpg

S-4-C--you know, after a run of acquiring hats with brims at 2 1/2 inches or less, I've arrived at the conclusion that I like wider brims, too. 2 5/8 inches minimum seems to work best for me.

Fruno and moon--after seeing your CDs I'm thinking more and more that I'm going to have to have one in silverbelly or fawn!

Charlie--the Borsa Milan--wow--words fail me. What a a hat!

job--a very nice parabuntal.

Bob--that is a fine piece of straw. I like the wide brim.

Last edited:

foamy

A-List Customer
Peter Bros Milan Hemp.
That hat appeals to me. Milan with a big brim and pugaree. Dang nice. It wears well on you. I'm tempted.

Real nice felts today but like Charlie in his awesome Borso North Carolina heat and humidity call for my Tesi Parabuntal.
Real nice. There's not a line on that hat that's out of place. Perfectly symmetrical. Looks great.

Moon, you wear that CD and the Strato's like nobody else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart