Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Slightly off topic, but I was an early vendor to the Timex Sinclair program back when it was in Waterbury, CT. (The membrane keyboard version, Early 1980s) I think about those days often when driving by the former plant area which is now, of course, a shopping center in the "Brass City."
Nice. It was the TS1000. Timex Computer Corp folded in fall 1983.

Well the Sombrero is just.... a Sombrero !! Shadow giver !! Spanish word for hat. Great look.
Here the name "sombrero" is more related to the Mexican sombrero hat.

The Stagecoach in Silverbelly reminded me to buy a hat when you can...damn I let ome like that go... remember?
Yes I do remember. I pointed that to you.

At the antiques mall - pith helmet (slightly large) and Resistol Stagecoach.
A Turkey Creek Stagecoach!

Not sure they still play that in college, though, Richard. They probably play Hi, Sheldon. ;)

Off to the ballpark for a Labor Day game in the sunshine, the way God intended. The good guys won the last game of the season, and I saw it in my Thrift Store Milan.

Everybody else looking great today!

IMG_1249.JPG

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great looking Resistol !!! Stagecoach !!! I can buy another one in size 7 1/2

Yeah, I was tempted by the Stagecoach - just a little big for me, but I could fix that. The fact it was 97F outside didn't have me in the right frame of mind for a big black western hat though.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hey Bob! :wave:

How was the reunion?

Ha! Thx for askin. It was ok, cept my front THREE tooth dental bridge fell out... OMG! Lost for abt 2hrs but thank god I found it. Still... very embarrassing to say the least. Other than that it would have been great.

Last edited:
Sounds like a GREAT time, Bob! I mean, how wild must things have gotten that your bridge fell out?! I've only seen that happen once years ago on a deep sea fishing trip. Glad you partied hearty!

AndyR

One of the Regulars
Ha! Thx for askin. It was ok, cept my front THREE tooth dental bridge fell out... OMG! Lost for abt 2hrs but thank god I found it. Still... very embarrassing to say the least. Other than that it would have been great.

Now that's what I call a very 'different' reunion story. You folks must play rough at your Parties. :) I'm glad you survived.

Andy

g.durand

One Too Many
Nice to see Labor Day festivities and activities mated with fine headwear.

moe--thanks for the parade pics plus the mom and grandmother pics. By the way, I lived there for awhile about thirty years ago.

Out and about with a Borsalino thin ribbon today.
IMG_6695%201_zpspxazctuf.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like a GREAT time, Bob! I mean, how wild must things have gotten that your bridge fell out?! I've only seen that happen once years ago on a deep sea fishing trip. Glad you partied hearty!

Thx, but wild? Nope. Conversing with a pretty classmate I haven't seen in like 40 yrs and it just popped out...

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
TY g.durand. I grew up here, love the place.
I only thought to take one pic with myself (in my Borso) and Grandma, but it made Grandma look a bit like a zombie so I edited it out.:)

Sorry to hear about your predicament, Bob. Especially when speaking with an attractive lady. (Hi Bob! :cheers1:)
HatRme, great VS in a great setting. Excellent.
S4C, I admire your Caxtons. One of those nice side brands that you don't see much of. Speaking of which, I finished another Dalton project yesterday, a Waverly (this one had a name on the price tag). Cleaned, re-blocked to my egg, and spending the day with me.

IMG_1265.JPG IMG_1267.JPG IMG_1269.JPG Waverly 15.jpg

Boring story about the refurb and more pix in Going Atomic with Dalton. Why wasn't it called The Dalton Gang?

GregNYC

One Too Many
Not much hat action this weekend, as I was out cycling most of the time. Today back at work post-Labor Day. I learned it's still too hot for tweed or felt! By the time I walked to my humid underground subway station, I was sweating big-time in this lightweight tweed from Johnny with an acetate liner! Back to lighter-weight headgear for a while!!

f7942ff5ac4a3a381d377435cf1e00c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou