Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
A note about the Vita-Felts because someone asked in an earlier post...
Vita-Felt Process came out in 1940 by Stetson to better compete with Borsalino, at least that is one Historical rumor...
Felt is a Textile produced by Matting, Condensing and Processing Fibres together, Wool, Animal, Acrylic were all used but not together.
Stetson's Vita-Felt Process possessed the outstanding features of Ultra Light Felt, being Rollable/Crushable and Waterproof, it was made from 100% Virgin Wool.
Hope this clarifys some of the mystique of Vita-Felt........

Are you talking new Vita-Felt or vintage?

VERY interesting. I know you waited quite a while for it. Did Delmonico order a batch of light gray in different sizes or did they put a special order for your hat only?

It was a special order they made, but still a catalogue order. Should have taken the normal amount of time - 6 to 8 wks. They had to order a second, because the first didn't pass muster. The second time it took the normal wait.

RBH

Bartender
Stetson Brewster. Color is called "Buck."
34cf11ab42378a467e0f331af9d55f28.jpg
e3b669f594b850aa5eb85dbcc9cc7e84.jpg
f753db0835fd2559cd224d45e9549268.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Nice looking hat Bob
You do know that the Stetson tag shown in the first photo is removeable?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Stratcat & Esther, your advice was much appreciated.

Just got in from a rather swanky event, so it's a hot bath and straight to bed. The black fedora I bought in America years ago, from Explorer Hats. (I think) I love the grosgrain trim, satin lining.
I didn't wear the waistcoat, my wife just wanted to see it worn in case it needed any last minute adjustments. She made it for a friend of ours whom we were meeting later:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic