Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lee Adventure

This one is olive/khaki green with a copper brown ribbon and edge binding...

Adventure1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good lookin, Jim, as always. There's a green hat in my future, I know. I missed one on the bay a week or two ago, a nice looking green Barbisio. I got sniped, but it gave me a chance to look into and learn about sniping. ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
WOW, there are some great-looking lids posted today.

Jbconquero, Welcome to the party. Both your Champ and your Churchill look very good on you. Love the picture with the Fella.

Gene, That Warner is a winner.

Wombat, Is that a beaver?

Rusty, What can I say? It's a Campdraft in all it's glory.

Tampahound, Nice Stylemaster.

Bolt & Bart, Great Schobles, gentlemen.

Jimmy, You gotta love the Lee Adventure. I like the color!

kiltie

Practically Family
carter said:

Bolt & Bart, Great Schobles, gentlemen.

I second that!
Bart, I don't recall if I've said this or not, but you certainly wear a hat! Sometimes, even though they're worn confidently and without irony, most of us still come off looking anachronistic ( before anyone says anything, I said sometimes ). You, on the other hand, always look like you were born with your hat on.

Jtl - verrrry cool.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Sniping...

BobC said:
Good lookin, Jim, as always. There's a green hat in my future, I know. I missed one on the bay a week or two ago, a nice looking green Barbisio. I got sniped, but it gave me a chance to look into and learn about sniping. ;)
Bob, check out the site www.esnipe.com. I probably shouldn't direct you there, as we may end up sniping at each other's fedora bids at some point in the future:eek: , but I'm willing to take that risk. Check it out--it helps with those last minute bids.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
kiltie said:
I second that!
Bart, I don't recall if I've said this or not, but you certainly wear a hat! Sometimes, even though they're worn confidently and without irony, most of us still come off looking anachronistic ( before anyone says anything, I said sometimes ). You, on the other hand, always look like you were born with your hat on.

Jtl - verrrry cool.

Thanks alot Kiltie and fellas. And Jimmy, your lid is looking real sharp. I really think we need a JTL thread like the Douglas one.:)

Mr. Paladin

Nice, gtd, very nice! I have to keep reminding myself its not an OR. The thin ribbon is just western to my eyes, and where there's western there can only be a cattleman's crease with upturned brim sides! Years of conditioning, I suppose...[huh]

carter

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Hey, Bob, Lots of folks got sniped on that Barbisio. The winner's high bid may have been much higher than what the hat went for. A very desirable hat.

Mr. P, That Glen Grey Campdraft is my favorite of yours thus far. The color and proportions are spot on and well-coordinated with your outfit. Excellent! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

gtd, Looks good from that angle. We need some more pictures of that one.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Glen grey Camp Draft for church today:

CampDraftII002.jpg

Mr. P -- that is my favorite of all the lids you have posted thus far. The proportions of the hat suit you well. In particular, I think that a hat with less taper looks much better on you. The brim and crown on that Campdraft seem just perfect to me. Congrats -- that is just a great look! (You should be smiling!) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:

OK, gtd -- it's time for some Tough Love. Three words: Canon Power Shot! :p :p :p Come on, man -- time to ditch that damn cell phone and get serious about posting your lids in all their glory!!! :D

Looking forward to some more photos of that Campdraft...;)

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

jazzncocktails said:
Bob, check out the site www.esnipe.com. I probably shouldn't direct you there, as we may end up sniping at each other's fedora bids at some point in the future:eek: , but I'm willing to take that risk. Check it out--it helps with those last minute bids.

Thanks for the heads up, JnC. I did a little google work after I got slammed on that Barbisio and hit on a bunch of snipe sites.

I'm not so sure these sites are as it should be, but if you're like me you can't sit in front of your computer all day and watch auctions. Therefore, they do help to level the playing field and create equality among snipes. :D

The other thing I learned lately was that you have to fish with big bait to catch the big fish. One of my friends here offered me that tidbit of wisdom.

All in all, my education paid off yesterday when I landed this fine specimen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120385446514

and I'm might be a little smarter today about how e-bay works than I was a week or two ago.

kiltie

Practically Family
^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK, gtd -- it's time for some Tough Love. Three words: Canon Power Shot! Come on, man -- time to ditch that damn cell phone and get serious about posting your lids in all their glory!!!

Looking forward to some more photos of that Campdraft...

Cheers,
JtL

HARUMPH!!!

BobC

Mr. Paladin said:
Glen grey Camp Draft for church today:

CampDraftII002.jpg

Do you know that ZZ Top song, Sharp Dressed Man? Here he is! Very sharp Mr. P. :D :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Togs