Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Have you guys heard of this fella ?
https://www.thomasfarthing.co.uk/all-stock/caps-hats

Nahhh, this hat isn't too big at all...
The funny thing is, even at such a young age, he's so careful with them.
If i leave them within his reach, he will put it on, walk to a mirror and go WAUW.
Get them while they are young eh?

236fb5d5aee77ee7ea04cc593fad394f.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, glad your mom is OK
a little brim to the pleasant mix, single action/ BB?
Thank you.
Nice wide brim there. I like the ribbon/biding color on black.

Love the crease on 'the big one'
Glad your Mom is ok!k
Thank you. It's one of my favourite hats.

Like 2 things if this post.
A.- Your mom is ok.
B.- That Tom Mix is a great looking hat.
Hope all is well
Thank you. My kind of hat ;)

glad mom is ok my friend
Glad yer Mom's well.
Happy your mom's OK, Joao.
Thank you for your concern.

Joao, glad it was nothing serious with your mom & hope she is back home now. When you can please post details on your Tom Mix. I like that!
She didn't stay in the hospital, she's home, now with less pain.
Details on that Tom Mix? A modern 4x Beaver Stetson Tom Mix (TOM MIX PC), 5 1/4" brim but with the pencil roll it goes to 4 3/4", Gus crease peaking at 7.5" crown, 1 5/8" ribbon.
Yeah, one of my favourite hats! If it were a 7XCB felt it would be amazing!! Can't imagine Alan's Clear Nutria!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great collection of lids everyone! That's a handsome looking youngster, Esther!

I don't think I've had a hat give me as much trouble to block and crease as this Resistol 3X has. The open crown is way too tall to make a crease look half way decent without the crown tapering. I finally settled on a Diamond crease, which I'm not particularly fond of. But it worked out good in this case. The crown's a tad lower and the sides all around stayed nice and straight. I also went to pains to accent the Cross inside the Diamond, a tribute to the faith of Jesus Christ. I salvaged a 6 ply mid ribbon and sewed it on with just a keeper and a tail, keeping the ribbon work simple....

For the third time....

XXX3.jpg

XXX5.jpg

XXX7.jpg

XXX1.jpg

Rockin' with Jerry Lee Lewis. Live on the Steve Allen Show, 1957...

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Too cute, Esther! Everybody is looking great on a weekend. I don't think we've seen a Portis in a while, HurricaneJack. Nice.
Dave, I hope you and your wife have a wonderful time.

Celebrating Moehawk's Sat-OR-day with a Dalton OR Clone - sunny but brisk.
Looks like I'm rubbing off...like cheap paint...:D

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
This is a good sign. I just realized that the 'other' new ebay hat I have been waiting for is from you. hahaha

It should be there when I get home tomorrow.
MB has some of the finest felts on eBay
Without a doubt

I've bought some beauties from him
...and one of my absolute holy grails is from him

Always quality in superb condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great collection of lids everyone! That's a handsome looking youngster, Esther!

I don't think I've had a hat give me as much trouble to block and crease as this Resistol 3X has. The open crown is way too tall to make a crease look half way decent without the crown tapering. I finally settled on a Diamond crease, which I'm not particularly fond of. But it worked out good in this case. The crown's a tad lower and the sides all around stayed nice and straight. I also went to pains to accent the Cross inside the Diamond, a tribute to the faith of Jesus Christ. I salvaged a 6 ply mid ribbon and sewed it on with just a keeper and a tail, keeping the ribbon work simple....
Nice work TJ!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I think it looks great Terry. If you can't handle the tall crown maybe I can ;)

Granpa with his 98 years, his cap, his tequila Herradura Añejo (to classy for me) and the Mariachi.
The ugly one is me with a Mexican Mariachi hat.
Nice pictures there.
The Mariachi hat is too much for me. I do like big brims but there is a limit for me.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
TY dh66. This style has really grown on me.
Welcome back to NorCal, g.durand! It's been wet!
T.Jones, love the diamond crease.
Joao, didn't ever expect that....a brim too big! And, glad to hear that Mom is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart