Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had the pleasure of a beer and a burger with Charlie, we had a great time ! Maybe when I am in Boston area we can all rendezvous for some hat talk.

FEDORAFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony, people still talk about you around here! ;) Did you attend one of the music schools? My older Brother lives on Comm. Ave. in that area; my son was also a denizen of the area for a while. GREAT place for young guy to live, wasn't it?!

Reactions: RBH

Bolero

A-List Customer
Traded the Leather for the Poly today and Sporting my new Vintage Stetson Saxon, 4 1/2 x 2...
Very Detroit city looking compared to my Strato...

And Happy New Year to everyone, may 2016 bring many new Hats and Good Times to all...

24023631711_4af33bb7e5_z.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Very cool 10'F when the dogs and I walked around the lake this morning. Chilly winds had me wearing heavy wool and a inky blue Cavaunagh.

i-6Gd24cs-M.jpg

I have been cutting and then splitting some wood for our fire ring. I have guests coming to roast sausages and have potatoe pie in a couple of hours. Wool jacket and my work vtg. Stetson Stratoliner have allowed me to complete my tasks. Now for the food/beverage prep.

i-MWXPKSZ-M.jpg

Making the most of the morning on the 1st day of 2016. Best wishes folks, Eric -

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Happy New Year, everyone.

Great hats... Charlie and Moon, you guys were born for those hats.

Everyone looked great for their festivities last night. In typical rebel (or just someone that is getting older) style, I was asleep by 11.

A couple of days ago, Charlie mentioned my Crofut & Knapp Forty. So, I start the new year off under it.

It is probably my best find. I paid $60 or $70 for a lot of 3 hats, and this was among it. The auction photos were garbage and showed no label, so I really did not know what I was bidding on. I was pretty darned surprised when I opened that box!

I asked Brad Bowers (the hatted professor) if he knew anything about the hat. He told me that it is probably from the late forties or fifties and that this is the only one that he had ever seen. I have looked for other examples on the web, but have had no luck (if anyone has, please let me know). You've got to love dumb luck...

uploadfromtaptalk1451664221684.jpg

Finally, thanks to everyone for sharing your hats and fellowship here. I enjoy it all immensely. I wish you each a safe, happy and prosperous 2016.

Matt

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
FEDORAFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony, people still talk about you around here! ;) Did you attend one of the music schools? My older Brother lives on Comm. Ave. in that area; my son was also a denizen of the area for a while. GREAT place for young guy to live, wasn't it?!

I didn't attend one if the schools but I played with a lot of Berklee cats while living there.
Was a great place to live indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Happy New Year, everyone.

Great hats... Charlie and Moon, you guys were born for those hats.

Everyone looked great for their festivities last night. In typical rebel (or just someone that is getting older) style, I was asleep by 11.

And couple of days ago, Charlie mentioned my Crofut & Knapp Forty. So, I start the new year off under it.

It is probably my best find. I paid $60 or $70 for a lot of 3 hats, and this was among it. The auction photos were garbage and showed no label, so I really did not know what I was bidding on. I was pretty darned surprised when I opened that box!

I asked Brad Bowers (the hatted professor) if he knew anything about the hat. He told me that it is probably from the late forties or fifties and that this is the only one that he had ever seen. I have looked for other examples on the web, but have had no luck (if anyone has, please let me know). You've got to love dumb luck...

View attachment 41261

Finally, thanks to everyone for sharing your hats and fellowship here. I enjoy it all immensely. I wish you each a safe, happy and prosperous 2016.

Matt

Great score Matt!

Gotta love when that happens

Really good looking piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Happy New Year, everyone!

I've enjoyed the Fedora Lounge community during 2015 and looking forward to seeing what 2016 brings.

Hatto - that Knox looks really knice
Bolero - cool Stetson
Roger - I like the different look to the Penman
Eric - I'm not a hommie guy, but your Cavanagh is one of my Lounge favorites
Matt - your C&K is fantastic

From yesterday - my western made by Mike Moore

smugshot_8965540-L.jpg

HAPPIEST of New Years, David! I must say, since moving to Texas, your collection has evolved to some much broader, more Western style brims! Like you're from West London, or something...

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Very cool 10'F when the dogs and I walked around the lake this morning. Chilly winds had me wearing heavy wool and a inky blue Cavaunagh.

i-6Gd24cs-M.jpg

I have been cutting and then splitting some wood for our fire ring. I have guests coming to roast sausages and have potatoe pie in a couple of hours. Wool jacket and my work vtg. Stetson Stratoliner have allowed me to complete my tasks. Now for the food/beverage prep.

i-MWXPKSZ-M.jpg

Making the most of the morning on the 1st day of 2016. Best wishes folks, Eric -
Damn, Eric... That Cavanagh!!! Just... damn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112