Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
I wore a grey Stetson Sovereign with mode edge today. This one was reblocked by Jimmy Pierce from a size 8 to 7 5/8. High crown and long side dents.

3348057322_a3c0dd92c4.jpg

You sure your head just didn't go up to a size 8 from all the compliments you get? Well here's another one: Dynamite looking hat, high crown, long dents and all.

jpbales

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
I know we're showing off hats, but I gotta say, the tie really adds something here. And I like that jacket. Any better shots of it?

that jack is very cool, and with the hat- it's unbeatable :eusa_clap

jpbales

Practically Family
my turn... again...

I hope you guys don't mind, being that I only have a few hats and I wear them every day.
Anyway, today I went on a little "daycation" to Chattanooga, Tennessee to see the sites there with my girl.
We went to the Chattanooga Nature Center first:
courtneyjimmypavilion.jpg

it was warm, so I wore my Leghorn straw... but it later cooled down so I brought the felt back out when we went to the zoo (which includes a petting zoo):
JimmypetsGoad.jpg

I know, I'm awefully brave posting a pic of me petting a goat! haha those Feds can make it through anything :p
Then, we headed up to Ruby Falls, and here's a pic of me outside with a view off of Lookout Mountain:
JimmySilliouett.jpg

It looks like Harrison Ford is about to walk out of those shadows lol
Anyway, I found a hat in an antique store called "CC's Antiques" on Cummings Highway near Lookout Mountain, in the very top floor (3rd floor) in a hat box. Alas, it was too small on me (i think around size 7 or so, can't remember right off hand). Thought I would tip you guys off to that if you're in the area by chance.
Also, the Wormser Hat Store in downtown Chattanooga is definitely closed for good. I saw construction guys in there tearing it apart, and all the hats that were left over are in a store nearby (on Market Street) called "Downtown Mart."
Anyway, sorry for the rant post, I had a long day and I was exited about it!
Jimmy

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
It is from the Outlet. PM me if you want some company on your next trip over there. I live nearby.

I will do that. Maybe we can meet for lunch as well. It would be great if we could get some kind of a local get-together going too.

Mr. Paladin

indycop said:
With my Glock and 2 phones I can't button it without it standing out big time!:eusa_doh:

IC, you stand out in that hat and suit very well...I think the Glock sorta ruins the whole vintage thing though. Don't you have some Colts? :D

Mr. Paladin

jpbales said:
I hope you guys don't mind, being that I only have a few hats and I wear them every day.

Great pictures and interesting post! Like the old gunfighter's saying goes, "Beware the one-gun man"! You don't need a lot of hats to wear them well. :cool:

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
RBH, Jimmy, jpbales, jazz, Indycop, Mr. Paladin, thanks for the kind words! It is indeed a great hat; well worth the trouble I had with the seller back when I won it.

Boy, miss a few days of this thread and you miss a heck of a lot of great hats and photographs!

Bolthead, that blue Borso is sweet!

Indycop, that photo of you in a DB suit is sharp!

Mr. Paladin, that Sunday church look is a classic!:eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene said:
I keep studying that cool photo of metropd. It's funny how the 'nonconformist' blinged out, tattooed, hipsters all blend together into one blob of conformity, whereas he stands out as someone with real personality and pizzazz.

Pretty amazing, isn't it, Gene? He sure does set the bar pretty high for style! :eusa_clap

Michaelshane, that sage green Stetson... :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Carter, what you've had done with that Stetson Nostalgia is what it really needed to evoke the era! :eusa_clap

Not-Bogart, that chocolate-mint hat is tasty!:D

Geez... I've got to run and haven't hit all the great hats... but for everyone, thanks for showing themn to us! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

carter

I'll Lock Up
That's a wonderful Stetson, Michaelshane. The coordination of the felt and ribbon colors is sweet and the high crown looks great. You're putting a nice collection together.

just_me

Practically Family
You guys post great hats, but now that I've seen several sage green fedoras, I have to say that they are my favorites. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing one in person (though living in FL, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone wearing any hat other than a baseball cap or panama). :D

Garrett

just_me said:
You guys post great hats, but now that I've seen several sage green fedoras, I have to say that they are my favorites. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing one in person (though living in FL, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone wearing any hat other than a baseball cap or panama). :D

Gene has several Sage numbers and resides in FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters