Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
NOS STETSON "DEXTER." Imperial Quality. Color is dark chocolate.
20160118_125725-1.jpg
20160118_125759-1.jpg
20160118_125844-1.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the info. I wish I could land a Vita Felt anything myself. Just curious to feel the difference.

In my experience there really isn't much of a difference... and every one of my Vita Felt hats have completely different weights and finishes... No consistency at all to a Vita Felt in that regard.
I have non Vita Stetsons that are just as light and soft as my lightest Vita Felt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bolero

A-List Customer
Well....I have 3 Stratoliners, 2 regular Stratos and 1 Vita Felt Strato, all vintage 1940 types.

And IMO a huge difference is evident between Vita and the others, why else would Stetson have gone to the efforts of bringing out the Vita Felt Line ????
They knew what they were doing with the Vita Felt Line, as in, offering an Alternative weight and durability Strato...

However their efforts did not pay off for them, the Vita Felt Line alternative did not "Catch On"...

Regards Anthonys comments I have non Vita Stetsons that are just as light and soft as my lightest Vita Felt

I say: Perhaps Stetson did not want them to be Vita Felts for Sales and Marketing reasons of their own and therefore did not label them as Vita Felts...

FWIW: I have several Stetson Whippets and Playboys that are exact duplicates of same but marked Royal Stetson and nothing else, it makes me Really question Stetsons Quality Control over the years...

On another note, unless comparing with another Stetson Owner/Collector ,... who cares...

Its really all about... "The Look", "The Feel"...

Carry on men

In my experience there really isn't much of a difference... and every one of my Vita Felt hats have completely different weights and finishes... No consistency at all to a Vita Felt in that regard.
I have non Vita Stetsons that are just as light and soft as my lightest Vita Felt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I will also be interested in 7 1/2, 7 5/8 vintages, in case anyone wants to part ways with a hat.

Vintage,ones are hard to get in México

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
It's a bone chiller outside today! Everyone looks great as usual! Impressive display of lids!

Nothing spectacular for me today. I'm wearing a Cincinnati Bengals cap at work this morning. Didn't expect to be working in a warehouse at my age

x_Me_at_work.jpg

x_Bengals.jpg

Some Rock A Billy by Wanda Jackson...

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Anthony, if you would like to part with one of your Vita Felts send me a PM, I would be happy to accommodate with a purchase...

no interest in parting with any vita felts

and every vita felt is very different from the next ... one vita felt is not a big enough sample size to base a definitive conclusion on the entire line

there is no consistency what so ever within the vita felt line as far as how soft or thin they are

I own 6 vita felt stetsons and have handled many others ... each one being completely different to the hand

... and if one of those strats is one you got from me ... that one is 1950s

Last edited:

Bolero

A-List Customer
Anthony, Amazing info and thank you for that Expert info, you would know with your Real Time Experience...

Sorry that you cannot, at this time, part with one of your Vita's, if things change Please get hold of me...Thanks

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Anthony, Amazing info and thank you for that Expert info, you would know with your Real Time Experience...

Sorry that you cannot, at this time, part with one of your Vita's, if things change Please get hold of me...Thanks

I'm definitely no expert

and I will absolutely contact you if anything changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn