Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Repeat Tuesday
d90570a8-605a-4a5c-bbc0-a5af082e1d91_zpsa98tze0o.jpg

57108e29-a008-46b3-a67f-71bbc27770d9_zpsgmkk4ten.jpg

Thing won't come off my head

give me one good reason to take that thing off your head... I dare you ... and sleep doesn't count

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I freely admit I wore it again to torture you. When you get one of these you're going to love it.

I am currently in negotiations for one ... I'm just hoping the guy didn't screw up the size putting 7 1/4 when it is actually 1/8 because I can swear that I see a size tag that says 5

take a look at the pic I sent you and see if you see the same thing when you get a sec

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Thanks for the likes and kind words for the Marathon yesterday.
Last night, I noticed that my grey Anton Peschel had a weird wrinkle in the brim that threw off the brim shape in a way that wasn't character, just ugly. Tried steam, hand shaping, nothing worked. There might be a small flaw in the felt itself causing it to bend wrong when the brim is snapped down. Anyhoo, I decided to reflange it flatter to minimize the brim snap. I had to remove the rope trim to fit it in the flange, and once off, no way I was going to figure out how to retie that knot with my eyes, so I went with a mid ribbon. I like the results. And, it's not like I have a shortage of Tyrol style hats...
The Anton Peschel Dinkelsbuhl, de-trachted.

9a34b16c834a5f9a0506e24d84b5443a.jpg
204e5f23cac4766f6d0756c0b1bed945.jpg

Have a great day! :)

best look I've ever seen on you Jim

that hat is tremendous !!!!

What Moon said. Razor sharp Fruno.

Wowza! You clean up nice Sir!
I'm diggin' that ring too btw!

Great hats guys!!

Picture3.png

Look? "Clean up real good?" Guys, I dress this way for work most days, you just see from the neck up. I may not be as well put together as some of our more sartorial members, but I normally wear clean, pressed clothes! I'm admittedly more casual - I have a more casual work environment - and I don't wear high-end brands, but I don't wear sweats to work either! :D

Seriously, thanks for all the likes and compliments, folks. I don't usually see a full-length photo of myself, only head shots. This hat looks a lot taller in this shot than I thought. I do love this hat!

Love the Dobbs, Anthony - that's a sweet one.
I assume you mean my class ring, Esther? Basic black onyx on a gold college class ring. It's a wonder so few I know have done that. I didn't go with a birthstone, like many others.
Steve, great Tumwater! Tony does great bow work!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 43035

Look? "Clean up real good?" Guys, I dress this way for work most days, you just see from the neck up. I may not be as well put together as some of our more sartorial members, but I normally wear clean, pressed clothes! I'm admittedly more casual - I have a more casual work environment - and I don't wear high-end brands, but I don't wear sweats to work either! :D

Seriously, thanks for all the likes and compliments, folks. I don't usually see a full-length photo of myself, only head shots. This hat looks a lot taller in this shot than I thought. I do love this hat!

Love the Dobbs, Anthony - that's a sweet one.
I assume you mean my class ring, Esther? Basic black onyx on a gold college class ring. It's a wonder so few I know have done that. I didn't go with a birthstone, like many others.
Steve, great Tumwater! Tony does great bow work!
"You can dress him up..." ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters