Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frijoli

One of the Regulars
Friday

This one to the office in the Morning. A JohnnyPhi Lee Jet.
p3132359x.th.jpg

This one in the evening. A JohnnyPhi Adam Executive.
p3132364x.th.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
In honor of Seabiscuit...

Watched Seabiscuit last night. Odd how some of the themes in this movie have become current again in light of present financial conditions... Anyway -- I had forgotten that Jeff Bridges wears a number of great looking lids in this film, not the least of which is the Penny's Marathon thin-ribbon that came from Art Fawcett's collection. Over time, I had thought of this hat as a silver belly color -- but, having watched the movie last night, I think it's actually a light gray (maybe someone who has seen it in person can verify). In any event, I'm wearing this Borsalino today to fit my Seabiscuit mood:

LightGrayBorso.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Watched Seabiscuit last night. Odd how some of the themes in this movie have become current again in light of present financial conditions... Anyway -- I had forgotten that Jeff Bridges wears a number of great looking lids in this film, not the least of which is the Penny's Marathon thin-ribbon that came from Art Fawcett's collection. Over time, I had thought of this hat as a silver belly color -- but, having watched the movie last night, I think it's actually a light gray (maybe someone who has seen it in person can verify). In any event, I'm wearing this Borsalino today to fit my Seabiscuit mood:

LightGrayBorso.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Y'know, Jimmy, that's an interesting notion about the color. I have one and it has always seemed a cleaner, cooler shade of color than silverbelly which can be khaki by comparison. It's like it's 'silver' if that makes sense.

DSC_0011.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:

Now hold on there, Mr. HarpPlayerGene, and you too Mr. bolthead and all the rest of ya too for that matter. If you're going to be prancing around here in your fancy schmancy cloths and your stylish hats you just mind your manners. I won't have ya mak'n Thelma Lou and the rest of our women folk jealous.

barney_fife-709834.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Great setting, Nigel!

Your Campdraft looks good from here. If you're looking for a bit of swoop in the brim, that's relatively easy to accomplish.

What is that terrific vest that you're wearing?

BTW, I'm reading All the Colors of Darkness by Peter Robinson. It's a Detective [Alan] Banks Mystery set in Yorkshire. Robinson is a Yorkshireman himself who divides his time between Yorkshire and Canada.

Nigel

One of the Regulars
What is that terrific vest that you're wearing?

It's a Schaefer Outfitters Cattle Baron vest. I've been looking for one for a long time and managed to snag one on eBay recently. The embroidery on the front is from the North Western Cutting Horse Assoc ranch festival. The vest was apparently awarded as a prize in the festival, I notice I forgot my pocket watch and chain that usually lives in the vest pocket.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:

Man the train surely left the station without me today. It's clear skies and no need for even a light jacket! Alas, my wife it out of town with the camera. I had to stay behind and nurse a dog with a badly cut pad - just trying to keep here activity level down. You ever tried to do that with an athletic field bred Springer Spaniel? :eusa_doh: No showing off for me today :( .

Anyway.... Look'n good in the Campdraft, indycop, but this guy wants his shirt back :D.

15e9_HarpoMarx.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Nigel said:
My best Rusty impression;) Looking at that pic I think I need to work on the brim a bit.
aysgarth1.jpg
Thanks!!!
That Camp Draft looks super, and the background is great!!!
I wanted to go this weekend and get my photo [in my mid brown Camp Draft] by the stream but did not make it.
I love that vest and have been on the look out for one myself!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Viper Man said:

"But, Andy, we gotta do something. What about Thelma Lou?"

"Now, Barn, you just gotta stop letting your own jealousy get in the way of your professional judgement. Thelma Lou can take care of herself."

226217_f520.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou