Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Happy SunORday!! Wait, that just doesn't have the same ring to it...Oh well I still wore my OR today.

Have a great Sunday all!

20160131_123440(0).jpg

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Sunday - hoo-hoo a day of rest. Rest = having choice in the case of today.

I choose to do some early morning chores in a Pendleton and Gannon (dark moss). My Gannon hats are fulfilling the role that I previously used an Akubra BGCD for - everyday fedora. In rain, sleet, snow and work chores I use my Gannon beaver felts. They are easy worn (do not show wear or weather easily) and yet can go "downtown." I am really enjoying the Gannon fedora. To top it off - who does not enjoy a green lid?

i-fDsjTLJ-M.jpg

i-Bh9DPJm-S.jpg

I am choosing shopping errands in my MN Tuxedo (wool jacket) and a vtg. 7X Stetson OR. 1st moments wearing this distinctive hat.

i-LqmQKvK-M.jpg

i-BCXWQkr-M.jpg

i-FLL4Gc3-M.jpg

I watched the discussions about "cattleman crease" hats this morning with piqued interest. A while ago I had located a vtg. Stetson 7X OR. This is my first 7X OR and in this crease. I am wearing it this afternoon to try the "look on." The workmanship is superb. The felt is stiff. (Disclaimer: I have never owned cattle. Briefly owned 2 buffalo. They roam over our vacation property in Montana. Have co-owned horses (with my wife). I do not enjoy riding horses, or cattle/buffalo.)

Channeling cattleman, Eric -
I dont know what is more beautiful, that OR or the snowy landscape !!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Looks like Stetsons and Biltmores ruled the day....All look really nice...I want that Whippet.....And it looks like Reese Whitherspoon did deliever Fruno's hat...and stayed long enough to pose for a couple shots....;) And Bob, that NOS Canadian Biltmore has me drooling....schweeet!

Today I wore my Blue Borsalino to teach and my Sable Lock & Co to a Jazz Club to check out one of my student's set....You can't tell from the shots, but the Borsa is a slightly larger hat than the Lock...Does it look that way here.?.....To me the Borsa here looks smaller....I think the thin ribbon on the Lock might make it look a tad fuller...
View attachment 43247
View attachment 43246
Thx! Appreciate the compliment.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Impressive display of lids, as usual. You all look great!

Another Western for me today...Resistol Stagecoach in Chestnut...
x_A_Resistol_Chestnut_RC.jpg

RSCB_3.jpg

RSCB_4.jpg

Rock A Billy from Germany. "The Ballroom Rockets", "So Doggone Lonesome"...

Johnny Cash doing the original, live...

awesome Terry

that has to be at least 6" bashed

Sunday - hoo-hoo a day of rest. Rest = having choice in the case of today.

i-BCXWQkr-M.jpg

I watched the discussions about "cattleman crease" hats this morning with piqued interest. A while ago I had located a vtg. Stetson 7X OR. This is my first 7X OR and in this crease. I am wearing it this afternoon to try the "look on." The workmanship is superb. The felt is stiff. (Disclaimer: I have never owned cattle. Briefly owned 2 buffalo. Wild buffalo roam over our property in Montana. Have co-owned horses (with my wife). I do not enjoy riding horses, or cattle/buffalo.)

Channeling cattleman, Eric -

Eric, you look great in that cattleman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou