Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabos

A-List Customer
HarpPlayerGene said:
Is that one of the Stetson ORs you recently scored? I like the ones with the trolley string best! :eusa_clap

Bob, I too am anxious to see that Stratoliner you recently picked up on Ebay.:)

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Great shots, Kiltie.

Between COW and the Lounge, I must have seen hundreds of photos of guys in their "Indy" hats. That being said, there are very few who are able to pull off the look so that the lid seems entirely organic -- not an "Indy" hat, but just a great looking hat that completely suits the wearer. You are one of them. The crown and brim proportions, crease and color of that AB are a great look on you.

Well done! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

I have to agree 100%. Kiltie, I'm digging the AB. It really suits you.:eusa_clap

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WoW.....

So many great looking hats this weekend, good stuff! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I wanted to wear black last night and I couldn't decide between my Borso Diamanti....

BorsoDiamanti005.jpg
BorsoDiamanti006.jpg

....or my Red lined Portis.

Portis003.jpg
Portis004.jpg

.....but I decided on the Diamanti. [huh]

BobC

Jabos said:
Bob, I too am anxious to see that Stratoliner you recently picked up on Ebay.:)

Interesting that you posted your comment today, Jabos. When I hit the floor this morning, the Strat's box was sitting on the floor not far from the bed. I pulled the hat and put my TWA DC-3 pin on it this morning. I've brushed and brushed and recreased this hat to a teardrop, not to the standards of JtL, the creasemeister, but nonetheless with my own hands. Here it is.

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

It's very much a pleasure to have this beautiful lid in my little hat family. It's a true survivor from 50 or 60 years ago.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Beier Hat Co Chicago

3375396417_f08b61fbd4.jpg
3375731237_0233aca7f4.jpg

From ebay a few months ago. The Clean and Reblock and new sweatband doubled the cost. I can find nothing about the company. Its location was about 7 miles from me and was torn down late 1960's for highrise apartments.
Very thin light and moldable. 60-70 year old.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mossant for me today:

DSC_0010.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Nice different look for a Homburg with the contrasting ribbon and curve of the brim and front pinch.

BobC

Jauntyone said:
Great hats, everyone! BobC, that Strat is incredible; what's the brim width on it?

Thanks, Jim, JO, IC and Gene.

JO, the brim on this one is 2 1/2 inches. The open crown was 5 1/2 if I remember correctly.

Gene, the Mossant is great and you wear it so well. I find myself curious about Hombergs, but I'd hate to buy one and look ridiculous in it. You, on the other hand, make every hat look great. You really wear everyone of them very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart