Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BobC said:
I've brushed and brushed and recreased this hat to a teardrop, not to the standards of JtL, the creasemeister, but nonetheless with my own hands. Here it is.

IMG_0993.jpg

Very nice job on the Stratoliner crease, Bob! Looks good on you!

Mr. Paladin

jimmy the lid said:
Well, I'm happy to report no snow today! :) Sunny, 50 degrees -- perfect weather for the Stetson Casual...

StetsonCasual.jpg

Mr. Director, not only do you coordinate you hats with you clothing, but with the landscape too! Amazing! Great color on that Casual.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Paladin said:
Today it was my Stetson Temple:

Sundayhats003.jpg

Geez, that is a big stitch on the ribbon! Not nearly that noticeable in person...

The way they tack the ribbon could stand some improvement. I have several Temples, and I have discovered two fixes. (1) Re-do it myself. (2) Live with it. So far, I have mastered the second option. All things considered, I find the Temple to be quite to my liking (especially for the prices we pay in Garland!). You certainly wear yours well. :) :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
Nice different look for a Homburg with the contrasting ribbon and curve of the brim and front pinch.

Thanks all!

This hat is quite old, and very soft. Not the hard thick type with a rigidly set crown & brim.

It looked as below when it arrived from our very own Garrett. I agreed with the side dents since I grab my hats from the front of the crown anyway. I couldn't however stay with the thin ribbon. I switched it for a vintage deep blue one I scavenged from another hat in the past. Oh, and I always steam in a little more of a downward swoop to a pencil curled brim. Looks a little less 'schoolboy' to me that way.

Last, to those who pay me the great honor of saying I look good in every hat, I thank you, but it's just that you don't get to SEE it when I look laughable in one - but I assure you there've been plenty! Nicki could tell you! lol

DSC_0016.jpg

BobC

indycop said:
Open road straw
GEDC0531-1.jpg

After, the ribbon is wet so it is looking darker than it really is.

GEDC0532-1.jpg

Good looking, Mr. and Mrs. IC. Is that one of the brims you bound? That and the new ribbon look great.

BobC

gtdean48 said:
so I wore the Akubra Zephyr while out giving the horses a good brushing & a dose of wormer....
zephyr1.jpg

Looks good, GTD. How are you liking that one by now? Does it keep your head cool? My Capricorn is still hanging on the hat tree waiting for the weather to get warm enough to get it outside.

Goose.

Practically Family
Wil Tam said:
little tipsy on my way home tonight

Been there. Done that.
drinking-3.gif

472624654_36YVe-S-1.jpg

Crappy cell phone pic...but you get the idea. There's three of us at our watering hole that regularly wear hats (compared to ball caps).
For two, it's "regularly"...for me, it's "always".

Well, not too tipsy...three Bud Lights then club soda...what a party animal!!!

Nice hats all.
But the worming the horse gig was a visual I didn't need in my mind as I'm sitting here eating "Cup O' Noodles" for lunch GTD... :eek:

Mr. Paladin

indycop said:
Open road straw
GEDC0532-1.jpg

IC, you are getting really handy with those hat modifications and re-do jobs. That looks really nicely done and the ribbon color would probably please lots of University of Texas alumni! You could get steady work doing that in Austin.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Some wondrful hats today; The Chief's Stetson Casual, Bob's Stratoliner, Gene's Mossant, Bart's VS, JT's Allessandria, and a bunch of others.
However, this is my favorite
GEDC0532-1.jpg

Nicely done, IC! I want one just like it!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart