Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
You both look good, Kim pulls off that straw well!

Kim has two more hats in the works now. We bought her a green Royal Stetson from Garrett here on the lounge. It's one of those green beauties from the Johnnyphi stash. I'm sure it's a beauty. I know I'm going to be green with envy because she's going to have a green hat and I don't.

The other is a Stetson 25 mode edge that I snagged on e-bay. It was billed as a 7 1/4, but it is way smaller than that. It left here for Optimo yesterday for a clean and reblock and possible resize to 6 7/8 for her. It feels like a nice hat with thick soft fur, but it was really dirty and out of shape.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
Kim looks fantastic!!!
Bob you look like you been into that 'shine we picked up in Mon--.....
wait a minute... :eusa_doh:
Bob you look great!!!

Shine? Monteagle? I don't remember any of that. :eek: :eusa_doh: lol lol

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
Borsalino Alessandria.

P1070298.jpg

YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Son's first lid pic- 50's-60's hat

Here is our son Daniel very proudly wearing his first real vintage hat. This was how he dressed for church this morning, he didn't want to wear a tie today.
359087661.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
my hat for today

This is a 40's navy and cream straw hat with rhinestone applied rectangles. The netting is trashed, so its tucked up into the brim. The dress and other accessories are also vintage 40's. This first pic is how I wore it to church this morning, again excuse the not vintage hairdo. The second pic is sans hat with the hair still partly put up (okay it was a long day) having been done by a vendor at the Expo, and I was told that to be correct the dress shouldn't be belted. HA, the first pic was taken at 7am before leaving for church, the second was taken at 6:30pm after I got back from the Expo.
359087666.jpg

359087671.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
thanks HPGene...

Yeah, young Daniel loves the stylin' look. I think he's gonna end up a deco dandy for sure. He's already got the goods complete for white tie and black tie tuxedo events. More than even Cary Grant, his style muse is actually Fred Astaire- not a bad choice! At the Expo today I found him a very cool little vintage bow tie, and picked up for him the beaver opera hat he had eyes on yesterday. Its a size 6-7/8, he'll be able to wear the hat at the Art Deco Ball in May and hopefully to the Queen Mary Weekend in Sept too. I just hope he doesn't outgrow it too too soon!

Thanks for the encouraging words about my look too, nice to get feedback from those in the know on the Lounge. The idea is to start small (on Sundays and at Ladies Bible study on Thurs am) with the vintage stuff - as I kind of have a captured and already welcoming and friendly audience there. Eventually I would like to turn the vintage Sunday best into the daily best. I'm just getting started with vintage attire.

Oh, I sing in the choir on stage for two services on Sundays. the Music Pastor said no hats when on stage, but he's basically okay with the vintage furs!

Torpedo

One Too Many
JTMarcus, you are dapper, man! Who said thin ribbons were too casual to wear with dressy clothing?
Gene, I like that French homburg. And you cut a good atemporal image in that photo!
ChanteuseCarey, good to see ladies here - and I see you are already providing for the next generations... ;)
Bart, don't worry, the moustache can be re-grown. You have still kept the style! :D
BobC, a good première for the new hat.

Great hats all of you!

Jauntyone

Practically Family
chanteuseCarey said:
Here is our son Daniel very proudly wearing his first real vintage hat. This was how he dressed for church this morning, he didn't want to wear a tie today.
359087661.jpg

Wow! Daniel looks great in that hat; it really is perfectly proportioned for him. I'm a stingy brim fan, but I think even folks who don't care for them would have to admit that it suits him really well. I wish I had been as dapper as he when I was his age!

BobC said:
Looks good, GTD. How are you liking that one by now? Does it keep your head cool? My Capricorn is still hanging on the hat tree waiting for the weather to get warm enough to get it outside.
It did really well since it is vented all around the crown, definitely let what breeze there was thru. I'll be riding the tractor with it soon & have an update after that. Thanks guys...

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Celebrity Lookalike!

handlebar bart said:
nostache003.jpg

:cry: Well fellas, I caved in to the wife today and I do believe I need a change to my username.[huh]

Does anyone else see the resemblance to James Taylor? (Take away the glasses)

kiltie

Practically Family

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
kiltie said:
Michaelshane - I really, really like that hat! Very nice...

Here are my hats, yesterday:

rgret.jpg

The first is my old Banana Republic safari hat...

I have one of those Banana Republic safaris. It's a really decent fur felt. I don't know what they sold for new, but I'm impressed with it! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Michaelshane said:
Rogers Peet panama,1933.My wife says this is the funniest looking hat she's ever seen.

P1040211.jpg
[/IMG]
P1040205.jpg
[/IMG]

She said,"you're not thinking of wearing that out of the house are you?":eek:

Don't wives say the cutest things? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member