Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking funereal in the Schoble Hommie today - unfortunately for good reason...

Picture28.jpg
Picture29.jpg
Picture30.jpg

Good friend and local businessman, Dan Tankersley - no relation, passed away and his services were held today. Tank was the owner of Tank's Bar & Grill, which he opened in 1987, with my sister as one of his first bartenders. This was and has been a favorite pub of mine. In fact, the bar itself, which was originally called the Walnut Hills, was my favorite bar since before I was of drinking age (I looked older than I was). I hung there when it was the Hills, dancing to punk bands in the late 70s and early 80s, played darts there when it was a rugby bar called Ludwigs and it became a second home when Tank bought it after I got out of college and I had an apartment a few blocks away. Spent many an evening sitting at the bar, watching the Reds game and nursing a Stroh's. I still stop in fairly often for a pint and a bowl of some of the best chili ever.

He was no relation but we shared a name and, as we both figured, a horse-thief or some other ancestor of questionable repute. He was by no means a close friend - my sister knew him better. But he always treated my like we were. Warm smile, gentle personality. Naturally, I tilted a couple of Stroh's in his pub this afternoon with my sister and some of the Old Gang. It's always rough to lose a friend. RIP Big Guy, a good man and a great publican.

OK, enough with the maudlin - back to the hats!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 47038 View attachment 47039 View attachment 47040

Good friend and local businessman, Dan Tankersley - no relation, passed away and his services were held today. Tank was the owner of Tank's Bar & Grill, which he opened in 1987, with my sister as one of his first bartenders. This was and has been a favorite pub of mine. In fact, the bar itself, which was originally called the Walnut Hills, was my favorite bar since before I was of drinking age (I looked older than I was). I hung there when it was the Hills, dancing to punk bands in the late 70s and early 80s, played darts there when it was a rugby bar called Ludwigs and it became a second home when Tank bought it after I got out of college and I had an apartment a few blocks away. Spent many an evening sitting at the bar, watching the Reds game and nursing a Stroh's. I still stop in fairly often for a pint and a bowl of some of the best chili ever.

He was no relation but we shared a name and, as we both figured, a horse-thief or some other ancestor of questionable repute. He was by no means a close friend - my sister knew him better. But he always treated my like we were. Warm smile, gentle personality. Naturally, I tilted a couple of Stroh's in his pub this afternoon with my sister and some of the Old Gang. It's always rough to lose a friend. RIP Big Guy, a good man and a great publican.

looking good for a sad reason my friend

sorry for the loss of the owner of your watering hole ... throw back some suds for me tonight ... and remember the big guy fondly

Godspeed Tank

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up

Sorry for the loss, Jim. It sounds like he was a good one.

And as for the hat... Great looking Schoble and well worn.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

My thoughts and condolences Fruno.

Beautiful Schoble Jim. Looking good. Unfortunately for a sad occasion.
Hope his family is holding up well.

looking good for a sad reason my friend

sorry for the loss of the owner of your watering hole ... throw back some suds for me tonight ... and remember the big guy fondly

Godspeed Tank

Thanks, Anthony.

Sorry for the loss, Jim. It sounds like he was a good one.

And as for the hat... Great looking Schoble and well worn.

Is not well worn! It's in near mint condition! :D

My thoughts and condolences Fruno.

Thank you, my friend.

Beautiful Schoble Jim. Looking good. Unfortunately for a sad occasion.
Hope his family is holding up well.

Lotsa support. He was loved by all.

BGCD vs. BGGCD - the eternal debate. I'll weigh in when I finally get one.

Knotten

Practically Family

Sorry for your loss, Fruno. Always tough when someone good passes on.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Spectacular! I love that color.

Thanks Robert!

Very sorry for your loss, Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn