Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
So I went with the Stetson Pinnacle today, it's first swim since the mods by Major Moore....
pinacletd2.jpg

I keep coming back to this one. Is it black or darrrrk grey? Anyway, it looks very good, gtdean! Wear it more often and let it find its crease naturally. Can't beat that approach as you know.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
BobC, that TonyB is just a beautiful, beautiful hat. That color and the special bow. Pure class.

RBH, good to see you posting. You've opened a lot of eyes about how snazzy and functional those Milans are.

Portolan, that first photo of the three says it all. Very nice from top to bottom. I may not see some cheesy smile but I sure do see the contentment. And that jacket has me thinking I should go back to a thrift store and just plunk down on one I saw there the other day. It's just that I have soooo many leathers, but they are so cool, and yours just reminded me of that fact.

jimmy the lid, that Gun Club looks terrific but it has me thinking of calling you 'Jim the Brim'. :D

Wil and Carter also sporting good versions of Gun Clubs. Thanks for showing us!

Oh, and IndyCop, where are you, buddy?...

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
You hittin' on me?

lol lol lol lol lol lol

:eusa_clap I thought you'd get a chucklelol
I sure need to watch ebay for a strat. You have me sold on getting one with that fine example you have.

Johnny.

New in Town
Black fedora-trilby Akruba bogart, size 57 with a loose pinch on the front. Outfit's a checkered black and white fitted shirt with a loosely done up tie and an unbuttoned black vest. Black jeans and black slip-on shoes.

Apologies for the appaling pic qualities.

Bit of redeye here (my eyes are blue)
S6300017.jpg

S6300020.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Honey, you sure take a helluva mighty fine picture HPGene...

I'm sure I ain't the only female here that is enjoying this pic today. Whew... (hand fluttering by face) is it warm in here all of a sudden or is it just me?

Ditto what handlebar bart said. Oh, I must mean a 'Gene ladycrush'.

handlebar bart said:
Wow, great lid Gene. What is it about you that has all of us suffering from a 'Gene mancrush'[huh] lol lol No denying that you look at home in a fedora

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Johnny, lookin' SWEET in that black Akruba...

I'm new in town too. Nice to see your pics, looking sharp! Pic quality is FINE, no worries. Red eye pics happen...:)

is
Johnny. said:
Black fedora-trilby Akruba bogart, size 57 with a loose pinch on the front. Outfit's a checkered black and white fitted shirt with a loosely done up tie and an unbuttoned black vest. Black jeans and black slip-on shoes.

Apologies for the appaling pic qualities.

Bit of redeye here (my eyes are blue)
S6300017.jpg

S6300020.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Actually he told me he did take it off ...

when we got settled in the choir practice room. I mistakedly thought he kept it on the whole rehearsal.

Whadda I know, I'm a soprano seated up in the front row of my section the whole time paying attention to the Music Pastor in front of me directing us all, and DH Chuck's sitting with the other tenors a few rows behind me!

funneman said:
CG, glad to hear the hubby is succumbing to the lure of the fedora. I had to smile about him wearing the hat in church. I wear mine to Temple all the time. Even though you're supposed to have your head covered, it still feels funny to wear a hat in a house of worship. I get a lot of favorable comments as well.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
Hah Hah!

gtdean48 said:
Shades in the rain! Wil, you rock that look! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

carter said:
Wil, I think you own that slightly off-center brim break! I'm diggin' the shades in the rain and the 'stache.

Thanks Fellas,

there was a glare coming up from the puddles....:rolleyes: lol ;) !!

HarpPlayerGene said:
I keep coming back to this one. Is it black or darrrrk grey? Anyway, it looks very good, gtdean! Wear it more often and let it find its crease naturally. Can't beat that approach as you know.
It is black in my hands in indoor lighting. I think the camera lightens it some to give the charcoal gray effect. The ribbon & binding really hit what I was going for in subtle contrast. Funny thing is I have a sport coat with that dark taupe & black in it & they go well together. Thanks for the crease tip & I'll let it tell me how it wants to go.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Oh, and IndyCop, where are you, buddy?...
Um let's see, been working then when I got home working on a brim during the first of the week. Then a ribbon change on my now 2 1/4 inch brim tawny fed.:rolleyes: Hoping to salvage that tragic hat.:(
I think I am ready to go back to patrol so I can have my 5 days off at a time again....:eusa_doh: :D

Been a lot of great hats and Portolan that is a sweet jacket!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Despite the lack of a mancrush on my part.....

359502877.jpg
359502851.jpg

Bob, Your custom Stockman's of Hollywood Open Road clone in Carhartt Brown is one fine looking lid. The setting is pretty impressive as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred