Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carter

I'll Lock Up
This morning I started out in my tawny fawn Campdraft for meeting Mr. Paladin at HATCO and surveying their offerings. Then we moved on to lunch.
3399254473_1368663431.jpg

I switched to this Montecristi Optima from Robert Weber when it arrived in the afternoon's mail.

3400017116_672a6669be.jpg

chanteuseCarey said:
Saw this up on evilBay, seller was probably asking too much... Auction ended last night, no one else had bid on it- hopefully cuz' its a small size. I'm assuming unworn in its original box is a good thing, yes?
I think it is awesome. If it were a larger size it would've brought much, much more. Hope it is a good as described.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Kiltie, the strat has definately seen some time in action. It is a bit too tight for me but I can force it.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
DOUGLAS said:
Imperial
DSCN8464.jpg

I'm getting vertigo [huh].

I'm not sure whether it's the stylish asymmetry of colors or the stylish asymmetry of the crease or the stylish asymmetry of the head or just the stylish asymmetry in general.

Well done, Douglas, as usual.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Technically, this was yesterday but it was a looooong day of touring LI's north fork wineries, and then work (school) today, so I am posting now. Here I am at Sherwood House, sampling their chardonnay, which was outstanding.

0329091324a.jpg

It's actually no surprise that Im wearing my Fed IV, as its my newest hat, not to mention the one Ive wanted for way too many years to mention.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
scottyrocks said:
0329091324a.jpg

It's actually no surprise that Im wearing my Fed IV, as its my newest hat, not to mention the one Ive wanted for way too many years to mention.

...more vertigo...

I need to sit down.....

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That's a great buy. For that small size, you're probably right around the right price, and I'd agree that it's either unworn or barely worn. In a large size, that hat would bring a lot of money.

chanteuseCarey said:
Saw this up on evilBay, seller was probably asking too much... Auction ended last night, no one else had bid on it- hopefully cuz' its a small size. I'm assuming unworn in its original box is a good thing, yes?

What are your very informed and biased opinions gents... Please look it up and let me know what you think. I value the input of the gentlemen here on FL!

Here is the auction link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=140309541096

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Fabulous hats today gentlemen...

Douglas, you've got that killer look-'em-in-the-eye-hat-wearing look DOWN-always great. Scottyrocks, Billyspew, you both look terrific in your hats. HPGene, love it as always and that antique trunk at your feet is a beaut too. Carter, gorgeous tawny fawn color! DH needs to add a Campdraft to the hat wish list. Thanks for all the pics today everyone!

Sargon

Familiar Face
My first custom

This is my first custom hat I had made by Gary White the "Custom Hatter" out of Buffalo NY. I selected a ribbon that was probably originally blue but is in the process of oxidizing to a pink/burgundy color and appears different in different lighting. It's going to take me a while to learn not to baby it.

DSCF1455.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Sargon said:
...I selected a ribbon that was probably originally blue but is in the process of oxidizing to a pink/burgundy color and appears different in different lighting. It's going to take me a while to learn not to baby it.

DSCF1455.jpg

Indeed. That hat has classic all over it except for the ribbon which is well - cool just doesn't cover it - oh, yah, custom :D.

Goose.

Practically Family
jec said:
Goose - I know you've been hesitant to embrace your new CEO, but this photo proves that it looks great on you. I predict you'll warm to it.
Thanks JEC. Just didn't seem right at first...so rigid and "big"...but your prediction came true; I'm liking it very much. Wore it all day yesterday and today.
It's like having a shade tree on your head
Tree_Hugger_Emoticon_01_by_phantompanther.gif

Will write more about it in the C.E.O. thread, but I wanted to acknowledge your post by thanking you for taking a moment to type your kind comments.

scottyrocks said:
Technically, this was yesterday but it was a looooong day of touring LI's north fork wineries, and then work (school) today, so I am posting now. Here I am at Sherwood House, sampling their chardonnay, which was outstanding.
Cool beans on you getting your Fed IV. That is a great picture with you wearing it. You look very happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails