Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Carter - Both great lids but I like that Panama best!

Douglas - Those shots are very cool. Even with the graininess the style shines through. I actually like the lighting, the settings, and naturally, your hat and clothes wearing. Tremendous.

Billy - That looks like a winner. Plenty of brim and crown on that. Is it modern?

Sargon -That was gutsy - and very clever - of you to choose that ribbon. I've often wondered about the grosgrain on some of our vintage hats, whether or not it was the given color we're seeing or if it has changed over time.

kiltie

Practically Family
billyspew -
Man, that is a GREAT hat! The only thing I can think to say is the old one about how there ought to be a picture of it in the dictionary next to the word "hat".

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
This morning I started out in my tawny fawn Campdraft for meeting Mr. Paladin at HATCO and surveying their offerings. Then we moved on to lunch.
3399254473_1368663431.jpg

It was a great day, first at Hatco and then lunching with Carter! I enjoyed his company and his hat knowledge is amazing. I wore my glen grey Camp Draft for the meet but did not have time to take photos. I am pathetically unable to control myself at Hatco and bought a classic cattleman's creased black Open Road. I love that style and have worn it solely for years before the Lounge. Never had one in black before. I like it. Pics when I get my head above water. Thanks, Carter, for taking the time. I had a blast.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Carter - I like that fawn with the darker ribbon. Classy!
Sargon - the more daring felt and ribbon combo works well in my opinion.
Billy - and a steal you had! Congrats!
Scotty - I must say, that fedora on top of the motorcycle jacket gives an appealing image!

No offence to those not named! ;)

Torpedo

One Too Many
We are having a rainy week, so fedora and trench sounds like the best outfit... Hat is a Dobbs 15.

DSC_0380.jpg

I was coming out of the night shift, too, so the "five-o'clock-shadow" surely contributes to the overall stereotypical image... ;) A co-worker, on seeing me appearing, mentioned he had the impression he had went through a tunnel of time - I took it as a compliment, certainly it beats the "Inspector Gadget" pun!

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Torpedo said:
Carter - I like that fawn with the darker ribbon. Classy!
Sargon - the more daring felt and ribbon combo works well in my opinion.
Billy - and a steal you had! Congrats!
Scotty - I must say, that fedora on top of the motorcycle jacket gives an appealing image!

I feel so offended.
552e902d-7a82-49b8-938e-2346525fdd3c

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:

Thanks, T. I have been wearing this hat and jacket in combination since I got the hat and have obviously checked it out in the mirror. It looked fine, but nbg, ya know?

But when I saw it in photos, I thought, ok, cool.

I generally dont like pics of myself, but I really like this combo in pics.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
loking mighty fine Torpedo...

To paraphrase the line from "Casablanca", "the Germans wore grey, you were in blue". Forget Inspector Gadget, its just they are not old enough or savvy enough to think of anything else! You're looking very dashing like Humphrey Bogart in the rain at the train station, my dear...:)

UWS Cowboy

One of the Regulars
Torpedo said:
We are having a rainy week, so fedora and trench sounds like the best outfit... Hat is a Dobbs 15.

DSC_0380.jpg

I was coming out of the night shift, too, so the "five-o'clock-shadow" surely contributes to the overall stereotypical image... ;) A co-worker, on seeing me appearing, mentioned he had the impression he had went through a tunnel of time - I took it as a compliment, certainly it beats the "Inspector Gadget" pun!
Looks awesome, reminds me of Alain Delon in Le Samourai.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
your custom hat looks great Sargon,

And you wear it very well! Even though the ribbon is changing it really is a good color matched against the hat body color...

QUOTE=Sargon]This is my first custom hat I had made by Gary White the "Custom Hatter" out of Buffalo NY. I selected a ribbon that was probably originally blue but is in the process of oxidizing to a pink/burgundy color and appears different in different lighting. It's going to take me a while to learn not to baby it.

DSCF1455.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails