Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiltie

Practically Family
indycop said:
Penneys Marathon.

GEDC0543-1.jpg

This is a great hat, but the picture looks like the part of the movie where IC lights his cigar, lulling the baddie into relaxing, then knocks his block off :rage: . Nice shot. You've gotta come up with a "hero quip" before the next one.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Wow, you guys are really gettin' on it!

Goose - Man, a black Homburg can go from banker to biker and back again. More versatile than most people give 'em credit for. Then again it takes strong character to 'sell' it and you have that in spades.

Billy - That Royal is dynamite. I like hats with matching ribbons the best, I think. What a color. Great proportions. You must be pleased.

Rusty - The sweater the better, pal! Some of those 'old friend' hats just take it in stride and get ever more cool looking in the process. You know I love a beater hat. That straw rocks! Now, I did screw up and sweat stain that orange ribbon on one of my Stetson Eagles the other day. Didn't mean to do that to that one. So who do I blame?!? :eusa_doh:

Bob - Thanks go out to you and others for noticin' the T&J. The brim is ample at 2-3/4" all around. I have others in that neighborhood but they have a slight dimensional cut to them. This one just reaches out there front, back and sides. 'Love this hat.

Indy, Indy, Indy, Indy,... That photo RULES! I'm a fan of that hat and that photo shows it, and you, off in proper style.

UWS - Dobbs made a fine lid in their day. I really enjoy a few of 'em in my stack. You seem to be getting better and better at this hat wearing thing. I can just see you becoming more confident and comfortable in your fedoras as time passes. And why not, right?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
great hats all...

to indy cop, UWS cowboy, RBH, billyspew. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

USW and Billyspew- especially great to see the younger generation getting in on wearing hats too! Everyone is looking sharp today...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
HPGene, Just found this pic (originally posted before I came to FL),

Is Mossant the company that made the hat then? Is it new of vintage?

rlk said:
Mossant for me today:

DSC_0010.jpg
Nice different look for a Homburg with the contrasting ribbon and curve of the brim and front pinch.[/QUOTE]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Hello Jabos and thanks!

Sorry for not replying sooner, I waylaid the post and just refound it.

I'm happy to hear I'm being an inspiration to your wife, though I've only gotten into real vintage about 2-1/2 months ago. I've worn basically vintage-inspired clothing for a long time. And I love hats!

I hope you continue to encourage her to join in on the vintage fun, and it IS fun! I've always been a love-to-get-dressed-up kind of gal, and vintage is a wonderful new avenue for that!

I need to see Rear Window (been watching old movies since at least 7th grade, but have never seen RW) and look for Grace's hat. Tell your wife I say hi (waving my vintage hankie at her via the computer)! Here's an old movie recommendation for her (and the entire family) that has GREAT ladies' clothes and hats- "You Were Never Lovelier" starring Fred Astaire and Rita Hayworth. Fred dresses pretty sharp too.

BTW, I love your avatar pic with your son! What is your uniform, jacket and hat please, AND your son's? Where did you find HIS military hat? Our son would love a military hat of his own (my DH has an authentic WWII Army Air Corp Captain's summer uniform and officer's hat), our young Daniel is a 6-3/4 or 6-7/8 hat size. Is your son's the real thing, I'm assuming it is.

Jabos said:
That is just a great look. Your jumping in on the lounge is inspiration to my wife, who I am trying to get on board in this hobby. The only thing she wants at this point is the hat that Grace Kelly wears in Rear Window.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Charlie Huang said:
Last Saturday, another London gathering:
My hat actually struck a conversation with a friend of mine in which I persuaded him to get a boater!

Charlie, now that's STRIKING. The perfect counterpart to the "summer" outfit in your avatar! :eusa_clap

kiltie said:
This is a great hat, but the picture looks like the part of the movie where IC lights his cigar, lulling the baddie into relaxing, then knocks his block off :rage: . Nice shot. You've gotta come up with a "hero quip" before the next one.

"Life is a lot like a cigar. At the beginning its all fire and smoke---at the end you are just sucking wind. Guess what end you are going to be on ?";) :p

GEDC0543-1.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
great look Charlie,

Good to hear about the boater. Boaters look sooo great. Do you pomade/wax your hair slicked back?? Just wondering, hard to tell in your picture. BTW, I love your boater wearing avatar pic ...

Charlie Huang said:
Last Saturday, another London gathering:

n688147062_2118158_720113.jpg

My hat actually struck a conversation with a friend of mine in which I persuaded him to get a boater!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy