Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose.

Practically Family
billyspew said:
...Today went for the Borsalino "stingy" (2 1/4" brim), for the more casual look as I was beering it up after work.
THAT is a cool hat!!!!
chanteuseCarey said:
...Funny, most people do say that, so its a good thing. I think I do have a "young", enthusiastic attitude about life. ...
Sometimes, when I do or say something goofy, I get a "what are you? Twelve years old?" from my wife. I simply reply "thank you, but no. I just look young" ;)
Wil Tam said:
...pugaree are ribbon treatments for lids.
What WT said. I just call them "pugs". Here's a thread where Hat Doc took some cool pics that show his: [/COLOR]http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=730471#post730471

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
I was feeling a bit more daring, today, so I wore my Amish hat. I can't be sure this hat came from Lancaster, PA, but it's a decent hat with a bound brim and a leather sweatband. All it says inside is "Thye Flying Cloud."

P1070326.jpg

Jabos

A-List Customer
Pduck said:
Jabos, I cry whenever I see your avatar. My father was a bomber pilot during WWII and of course had a crusher hat. Unfortunately, it got lost in the last few years. It was my size too! I do still have his officer's dress hat, so I suppose I could take the stiffener out and turn it into a crusher.
Man, that is tough. I'm sorry about that. What did he fly? Heavy or medium bombers? Europe? Do you have any other items? At least you have another of his hats and that is the important thing-something that was there with him. I am lucky because I was raised in part by my grandparents and my grandmother was a pack rat, and they never moved, so almost nothing was lost. My two uncles weren't interested in the stuff so I got it all, all but this sheepskin hat that was lost somehow over time:
http://
Bajhatcopy.jpg

I'm pretty lucky to have these things, and am amazed to see the things sold on ebay by family members-I couldn't ever do that.

carter

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
I was feeling a bit more daring, today, so I wore my Amish hat. I can't be sure this hat came from Lancaster, PA, but it's a decent hat with a bound brim and a leather sweatband. All it says inside is "Thye Flying Cloud."

P1070326.jpg
Looks like the Amish Hat Mr. Paladin and I saw at the HATCO Outlet on Monday.

CreamBorso.jpg

Jimmy, That is a Beautiful Borso! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billyspew said:
chanteuseCarey: You don't look that old... :)

Today went for the Borsalino "stingy" (2 1/4" brim), for the more casual look as I was beering it up after work.
3405850060_3b5d9e643a_m.jpg

Nice looking hat Billy. The ribbon looks wider than usual; very sharp.

Pduck

One of the Regulars
Jabos said:
Man, that is tough. I'm sorry about that. What did he fly? Heavy or medium bombers? Europe? Do you have any other items? At least you have another of his hats and that is the important thing-something that was there with him. I am lucky because I was raised in part by my grandparents and my grandmother was a pack rat, and they never moved, so almost nothing was lost. My two uncles weren't interested in the stuff so I got it all, all but this sheepskin hat that was lost somehow over time:
http://
Bajhatcopy.jpg

I'm pretty lucky to have these things, and am amazed to see the things sold on ebay by family members-I couldn't ever do that.

I know what you mean about selling family mementos. I'm much too sentimental for that!

Dad flew a B-25, mostly over Italy. And I do have lots of his stuff -- medals, patches, pilot's wings, other hats, etc. -- but that crusher hat was kind of special as I used to play in it, much like your son!

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
Looks like the Amish Hat Mr. Paladin and I saw at the HATCO Outlet on Monday.

Could be. I got mine on eBay. By the way, Monday is my day off. If you guys decide to do it again in a few months, give me a PM.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
Jimmy, That is a Beautiful Borso! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks, Carter (and ChanteuseCarey!). As the weather continues to get warmer, I think that Borso is going to see some use. :)

Cheers,
JtL

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments on the Stet, and for all the hats posted afterward by the rest of you Loungers, you all wear them well and look sharp in fedoras and vintage wear. That Amish topper, J.T. donned is in a class of its own barn raising chic.

dean

metropd

One Too Many
Chief JTL, how does this do for the street patrol uniform of the Crease Police? Pretend My Municipal Department Insignia does not exist.
policecadet3-2.jpg

Depending on how hard it rains...

I am wearing the Stetson 25 Open Road style (looks just like one but does not say Open Road anywhere)...
25OR1.jpg

Don't know what is going on with this digi camera but the hat looks good...
25OR4.jpg

will have the Silver Belly Campdraft in the bullpen for heavy stuff...

carter

I'll Lock Up
Bee-u-t-ful OR 25, gtd.

Looks like Deputy Swoopy, Detective IC, and the Chief have added a Patrolman to the ranks.
policecadet3-2.jpg

The Department is growing. Now you need a Tracker & some Hounds, a Squad Car, and these two guys.

car54.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
metropd said:

Calling all cars!!! OR with bad case of taper spotted at Third and Elm. metropd, you're the first responder. Get back up from Deputy Swoopy. Once the OR is in custody, get it back to RBH at the lab for a forensic workup -- then on to IndyCop for a complete refurb. Now, let's move!!!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy