Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Harv and HatsRme, thanks for the comments yesterday!

I actually wore my Akubra CEO today but I just got this Akubra Woomera delivered today and couldn't wait to put it on. Thanks to Michael R, who brought this sweetheart of a hat to my attention. (Thanks Michael, I'm another tall crown fan) I'm not sure how I'm going to bash it yet, I'm toying with leaving it open crown for now.

2a1ee91f182e1bfc8903bb407079d15a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Michael, I hadn't seen the Woomera until I read about it from your posts. I got lucky, just five days from ordering to delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love it! Mine's still a month away, and I can't wait to bash that high crown.

I Spotted That Woomera like a Pointer ! Didn't even Read the Words , just Jumped ! Boy That Baby looks Sweet ! You can shape That into Anything ! Change the Brim , Any Crown , or leave it Open ! Looks Great !

We'll have to get Wedgetail , and start an Akubra Woomera Appreciation Society !

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I'm already included, but I'm sure the list of "Fans of Tina" is growing... She is GREAT!!!
Such generous praise, thank you. Tina rarely uses the internet, although she does have a number of contacts worldwide. She buys vintage patterns from a lady in Canada and she buys rare and period correct fabric from a dealer in San Diego CA. But her limited use of the web isn't surprising, a survey in yesterday's UK press, revealed that one in twelve of our nation had never used the internet.

frussell

One Too Many
Ok, Mates, I've just made it! Did someone mention mighty Milan Monday, maybe? Marvelous! Here's my 1950's Cavanagh Milan...

View attachment 51503 View attachment 51504 View attachment 51505 View attachment 51506

And, as long as we're well into straw season, my grandson was here yesterday to try his on...
View attachment 51507 View attachment 51508

When I saw this post,I was studying a milan I bought for my son before he was born, which is the twin of that grey you've got on. Same tip label, same dimensions, but in a size 6 3/4, natural/tan color. It's so flexible, smoothly braided, and soft, sometimes I wonder if it's some kind of synthetic material. My four-year-old has beaten it up pretty bad, Disneyland, Legoland, preschool birthday parties and carnivals, and it shows absolutely no wear. Amazing quality.

When I saw this post,I was studying a milan I bought for my son before he was born, which is the twin of that grey you've got on. Same tip label, same dimensions, but in a size 6 3/4, natural/tan color. It's so flexible, smoothly braided, and soft, sometimes I wonder if it's some kind of synthetic material. My four-year-old has beaten it up pretty bad, Disneyland, Legoland, preschool birthday parties and carnivals, and it shows absolutely no wear. Amazing quality.

It's been said before, Frank, but they really DON'T make 'em like they used to.

In keeping the mighty Milan mania movement marching, my (thank you DALE!!!) Cavanagh Milan. My age guestimate on this one is circa 1960. Puggery from Delmonico Hatters of New Haven.
DSC05405.jpg DSC05407.jpg DSC05409.jpg

^^^^What Bob said, Perry. Love that shirt!
Happy Anniversary, Gabe! Eight, eh? They say the first seven are the hardest. Sounds like you got it licked!

Last night, I attended the annual meeting of the Engineers' Club of Dayton where, along with a nice dinner, we were treated to a program featuring Baseball Hall of Famer and former Reds beat writer Hal McCoy, who regaled us with many stories from the baseball world. Speaking with Mr. McCoy was a pleasure. He is a very interesting man. Sorry, no photos with him. I wore my Stetsonian to the event.

Picture8.jpg

Today, BGGCD in anticipation of some heat and storms...

Picture9.jpg

^^^^What Bob said, Perry. Love that shirt!
Happy Anniversary, Gabe! Eight, eh? They say the first seven are the hardest. Sounds like you got it licked!

Last night, I attended the annual meeting of the Engineers' Club of Dayton where, along with a nice dinner, we were treated to a program featuring Baseball Hall of Famer and former Reds beat writer Hal McCoy, who regaled us with many stories from the baseball world. Speaking with Mr. McCoy was a pleasure. He is a very interesting man. Sorry, no photos with him. I wore my Stetsonian to the event.

View attachment 51580

Today, BGGCD in anticipation of some heat and storms...

View attachment 51581

Great lids, Frun!! I'm a big fan of the Stetsonian, and glad you didn't wear an engineer's cap to the meeting...

Such generous praise, thank you. Tina rarely uses the internet, although she does have a number of contacts worldwide. She buys vintage patterns from a lady in Canada and she buys rare and period correct fabric from a dealer in San Diego CA. But her limited use of the web isn't surprising, a survey in yesterday's UK press, revealed that one in twelve of our nation had never used the internet.

Please do NOT distract her with the internet. That could only serve to dilute her efforts, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff