Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
It was a Camp Shirt and Camp Draft today. Wore it to the local tea party!
cdandCampShirt.jpg
Did you have unsweet or sweet?:D

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Slouch-Hat said:
I lost a good buddy recently, and he was always a fan of my top hats. So in his honor, I'm wearing this wacky number today: A Jaxon Mid-Crown with added bits and pieces.

Slouch-Hat...

TopHatViews.jpg
Captain America AND the Joker on the same lid? What would Bruce Wayne say??

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Indy, Mr. Paladin, and jazzncocktails.

I've got a few straws starting to see the light of day and a passel of aloha shirts! Really enjoying wearing them. Most are one dollar wonders from local thrifts so I splurged. :D

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Breaking all the rules in CA...

chanteuseCarey said:
is it still okay to wear the cool season hats, do I get to wear them until Labor Day- like waiting till then to bring out the suede bucks for guys?? Just wondering...:rolleyes:

"Ah, the straw hats that bloom in the spring tra la..."
Okay so a mood struck-(as my teenage DD would say) deal with it...lol

I don't know that anyone follows those seasonal standards any longer, CC, especially not those of us in California, where the weather is considerably milder year 'round than in the northeast, for instance, or Europe. My understanding is that many of the etiquette guidelines for straw hats and boaters, for instance (or for wearing white), come from those areas--and often from Ivy League schools or the socialites residing there. Given the ideal climate in CA, we can take a pass on those rules and guidelines...at least in my humble opinion.;)

Great broad brimmed Easter hat...being called "colorful" is definitely a good thing, far superior to the alternatives (bland, non-descript, etc.).

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
thanks for the input here Jazzn....

I've heard tales that out here in N Cal the Art Deco folks get kinda serious about these things. We've been to a number of their events over the years, but only just joined the ADSC this March. Hey, we're hoping to make the Art Deco Queen Mary event Labor Day weekend- do you go by chance to this? Perhaps we can meet and visit in person...

jazzncocktails said:
I don't know that anyone follows those seasonal standards any longer, CC, especially not those of us in California, where the weather is considerably milder year 'round than in the northeast, for instance, or Europe. My understanding is that many of the etiquette guidelines for straw hats and boaters, for instance (or for wearing white), come from those areas--and often from Ivy League schools or the socialites residing there. Given the ideal climate in CA, we can take a pass on those rules and guidelines...at least in my humble opinion.;)

Great broad brimmed Easter hat...being called "colorful" is definitely a good thing, far superior to the alternatives (bland, non-descript, etc.).

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
"colorful" apparently is perfect for the 40s I've just been told...

Yeah, one gal at church (who is my coloring too, but dresses mostly in black and neutrals), even went to far as to say I dress "very theatrical". I did take that as a definite compliment, though secretly I don't think she really meant it as one...

I was talking yesterday to my vintage guru "Miz Jula" actually asking her opin about a color combination for an VI outfit I was considering to go with a very special vintage tilt hat- I'll be wearing it on Sunday to the California Pops Orchestra's Big Band concert. Ya'll will just have to wait and see- no other early info will be given!

Miz Jula said the forties had LOTS of color and wonderful color combinations that you never find today. As I am a "Spring" season, I'm all about color- she said especially the ladies print rayon dresses were fabulous for this and perfect for how colorfully I like to dress. Woohoo , I fit in somewhere at last! As for my non-vintage wardrobe its typically solids and separates, so finding vintage 40s print dresses that have good colors for me and that fit is a real treat.

jazzncocktails said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy