Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Absolutely.....

billyspew said:
Indycop - Love the attention to detail in the matching pin & cufflinks, and the overall look is great.

....and I went throwback today. [huh]

CubsBucketHat001.jpg
CubsBucketHat002.jpg

Erik

One of the Regulars
As one suspender and fedora wearing law dog who finds himself surrounded by a sea of well intended but casually dressed people, I salute you.

Love those cuff links, by the way. You don't happen to remember wear you got them, per chance?

Erik

One of the Regulars
"My fedoras get the cowboy hat comment, and this monstrosity gets an Indy reference. Kids . . ."

Scottyrocks,
If it is any consolation, my eight year old daughter walked by a bit ago and in seeing your hat exclaimed, "Better be... GRIFFINDOR!" (A Harry Potter reference.)

Kids. [huh] Well, at least she didn't say Indy. ;-)

I like it, by the way, and have a hat that I might just be able to pull that off with.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Erik said:
As one suspender and fedora wearing law dog who finds himself surrounded by a sea of well intended but casually dressed people, I salute you.

Love those cuff links, by the way. You don't happen to remember wear you got them, per chance?

Thanks fellas!
Eric I got them at S&K menswear.:)

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Gutshot said:
Holy cow my friend... that hat is a beast. I think we need more pictures and details. It'll certainly keep the rain off your neck. Very nice indeed.

Thanks, Gut. I got the hat maybe 10 or more years ago at a place in NYC called Whiskey Dust. They specialized in used general western and genuine cowboy clothing. Everything from head to foot.

I love brown hats with brown grosgrain ribbons. This hat had a stove pipe bash and called to me from its hanging spot up above my head.

The open crown is about 6 1/2 inches. The way it's bashed now, the top of the front pinch is 6 inches. You can see from the top photos how deep the C-bash is. The brim is 4 inches.

The sweat has the words New West from Bailey on the left side. The felt is very thick but not overly stiff, probably from years of wear and abuse.

The hat is a 7 1/8, but a generous 7 1/8 because I was able to squeeze it onto my 7 3/8 head when I got it, but it was too tight to wear for any length of time. I remounted the ribbon and cut the sweat's rear threads so I could jack it out to fit me comfortably, bashed it into a Gus for a while, and then into my favorite tight fedora pinch, which is how it is now.

0414092331a.jpg

0414092331b.jpg

0414092330a.jpg

0414092330.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Erik said:
"My fedoras get the cowboy hat comment, and this monstrosity gets an Indy reference. Kids . . ."

Scottyrocks,
If it is any consolation, my eight year old daughter walked by a bit ago and in seeing your hat exclaimed, "Better be... GRIFFINDOR!" (A Harry Potter reference.)

Kids. [huh] Well, at least she didn't say Indy. ;-)

I like it, by the way, and have a hat that I might just be able to pull that off with.

Yeah, ya know, I never thought of it that way, but yes, the whole front part of the crown does resemble the sorting hat. When I read what you wrote, I could almost see the hat saying the words. lol

If you have a big hat like this, there are so many things you can do with it. I'll be interested to see what you do with yours.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Indy, I don't know about you, but I have enjoyed your detective stint. You really embraced the dressier attire. All business but with a flair. Impressive all the way.

kapsharper1, that VS looks very classic - and classy.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
UWS Cowboy said:
A green-ish Dobbs Homburg. Going to straighten out the ribbon now. Looks brownish with flash.
IMG_4288.jpg

Very nice, UWS. Brown or green, it looks like a very nice homburg. Good to see you in one again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy