Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Ginger is a great color. It's the hot ticket in the beard world right now.

11gr1xt.jpg

24vuwrl.jpg

34t5q52.jpg
Well I couldn't grow facial hair like that. Gingers are infamous for their inability to grow facial hair very efficiently until late in life. It takes me a good 2 months to grow a beard at all.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday was a three capper. Started with this hand crocheted number, possibly from Morocco,
P1190069 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Then moved on to some Official Headwear, Boy Scouts of America Supply Division in the form of this wool beret.
P1190071 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And when the day heated up and I went walkabout I changed to a cotton/rayon flat cap.

Rain this morning and cool, so I'm wearing the Hilhouse felt,
P1190093 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1190094 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Sweet hats all over the place today.

Michael

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The nearly 3" of rain last night has it hot and humid in my part of Minnesota this afternoon. A linen Cordova Cap is the required headgear for a trip to an outside blues/beer festival. What a pairing (blues/beer/linen cap/Sunday/gorgeous weather/pretty wife)!

i-6kCbJCW-M.jpg

i-fm3BjGN-M.jpg

i-fFcLMFT-M.jpg

BTW: I agree with Esther (social media post) should be a pause button for Sunday!

Eric -

RJR

The nearly 3" of rain last night has it hot and humid in my part of Minnesota this afternoon. A linen Cordova Cap is the required headgear for a trip to an outside blues/beer festival. What a pairing (blues/beer/linen cap/Sunday/gorgeous weather/pretty wife)!

i-6kCbJCW-M.jpg

i-fm3BjGN-M.jpg

i-fFcLMFT-M.jpg

BTW: I agree with Esther (social media post) should be a pause button for Sunday!

Eric -
Nice cap,Cordova is an artist.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Not quite up to A'n'A's standards, but a highlights of the week recap. When you get two VS hats in a week's time, what else do you wear?

G.Durand; I had to quote and msg your post as I have come back to it a couple times the past day. Artlite VS hats KICK! The commissioned OR inspired hats are just plain terrific! Classy! Many folks will not recognize the inspiration, but their eyes can easily identify the quality and luscious felts and colors. Granite Artlite is one of my fav felts. It can pair with darn near most stuff I wear. The newer beaver winchester is solid! I know why folks could have one color hat for oodles of time. Lots of words to say thanks for sharing and I enjoy Art and your collaboration.

Happy Sunday, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Nice cap,Cordova is an artist.

Thanks RJR. Your positive and complimentary posts do not go un-noticed by me.

Cordova Caps - Yes, I agree he is an artist. His inspirations taken from the vintage caps show both a start in the past and a nod to todays nuances. IMO, the notable bespoke cap makers of today have differentiated themselves by points of focus and not quality. The quality of the bespoke cap makers that I have ued in commissions have been excellent. I have compared them with vtg.caps and they always stand taller. That is no quick statement - they stand taller! The artisan handmade qualities and materials, in my experience trump the vintage I have collected. This is a vastly different experience than many of us have had spoken on this forum about felt fedoras. IMO, the bespoke cap makers are the best of the past few hundred years.

RJR, best to you today and in the coming weeks heat. Eric -

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
I've seen you wear that one before, but can you please tell me what LC means?

Nice shot and welcome back. You look happy as a clam there!

Dodo's sweat?

Off to church this AM in Grandma Anna's Royal Stetson.

View attachment 53304 View attachment 53305

One of the ushers at church, who has asked about my hats in the past, was wearing a boater today! I hope I'm an influence, LOL.
Outstanding!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Home early.....Black Lives Matters protest took my music festival experience away today. Ohhhhhh man! Picked very early vegetables from the garden in my grand summer hat. I have pics of my deceased uncle wearing one at the lake cabin. Keeping the legacy alive knowing that the hat totally protects and is uniquely styl'n.

Short balding guys matter...equal to others, Eric

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran