Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
My go to summer hat
and my go to beer lately

0c9b497a6992554a260ae7404117e81f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

The nearly 3" of rain last night has it hot and humid in my part of Minnesota this afternoon. A linen Cordova Cap is the required headgear for a trip to an outside blues/beer festival. What a pairing (blues/beer/linen cap/Sunday/gorgeous weather/pretty wife)!

i-6kCbJCW-M.jpg

i-fm3BjGN-M.jpg

i-fFcLMFT-M.jpg

BTW: I agree with Esther (social media post) should be a pause button for Sunday!

Eric -
That is a beautiful cap, Eric. Great color and shape. I love Johnny's work.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Late evening and I am completing felt cleaning (Coleman White Gas cleaning/brushing), blocking and steaming. I got to prepare hats for cooler weather. PPPPPP - Prior Proper Planning Promotes Prodigious Planning. The 6 P's apply to hat prep's.

Brown hats do not get enough kudos - a brown Adam Pacesetter Executive that I am wearing during cleaning tasks is shown below. The gill ribbon has aged and is a gorgeous olive green with born shades. I do not believe I could have ordered it more perfect for my taste. Thank goodness for nearly 70 years of goodness.

i-9drxm9F-M.jpg

i-xvj2NKX-M.jpg

Sunlight is disappearing. This vtg. Adam Cameo hat is a gorgeous "pine green." I wore it quite a bit towards the end of the cooler weather here in Minnesota and it needed a "spruce up."

i-pSp6zw2-M.jpg

i-zHK3NkB-M.jpg

i-pCd8dsM-M.jpg

Cleaned hats awaiting new labeling and storage.

i-mLf6Bhv-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Balding - Man you have an awesome collection. Do you box every one of your hats?

No way sir! I box only maybe a 1/4 of my hats. This winter when my wife has mentioned she enjoys seeing the boxes prompted me to be more serious about inquiring as to original fedora boxes when acquiring them.

Late add-As to total # of hat collection - Thanks. Many forum folks have bigger (in number of hats) collections of fedoras than I do. Many! I remind myself if the hats do not get worn they go. That does keep the absolute number manageable. You can only wear soooo many hats each year. Many hats get replaced by "better" versions of the same model. I have been finding my tastes to become very diverse as time goes on. I even own an early 1900's bowler and have worn it!

Truthfully I have always had them neatly stacked with "foam cuffs" on top of brims stacked 3 or 4 high on shelves in my wardrobe (inspired by AlanF (Alan)) and not thought of boxes seriously until seeing Moon's (Anthony's) drum room stash of boxed hats. I liked the look of the boxed hats and gave it a try. Perhaps like many on the forum, if I boxed them all it would take too much room. Additionally it would require me to "collect" hat boxes - I believe I have enough directions and mis-directions in my life than take on one more.

Hey how about cap storage? That could be a challenge for some. Some folks on the Facebook Group - caps have discussed in the past storage of caps. I shared that I magazine rack my caps. I Store each cap with tissue pillow in the inside in an open Z-loc bag and then in a plastic magazine storage container. They go in shelves ready for wear. A few caps each mag rack and they stand at the ready for wearing. A couple of the cap folks box their caps (cardboard) with museum tissue paper protecting the fabric caps. Lots of storage options.

Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran