Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJR

Hat-Akubra-FED IV-Tawny (2).jpg

FED IV in tawny today.

What an absolutely gorgeous hat. I normally just hit "Like" when I see a nice hat, but this one deserves special recognition. With that in mind, though, I must say that I once again freaked out when I saw it sitting on those pine boughs. I know you're careful about it and it makes for a great photo, but I keep worrying you're going to get sap on it. My nerves can't handle it.

You're right on, Bob. But, don't forget the magic cleaner for tree pitch, Purell, or just about any other waterless hand cleaner. Works like a charm, won't disturb the hat dye. Works even better on your car!

Even though I am not a make up loving woman I do enjoy quite the extensive skincare routine.
There are lots of reasons but I'm not going to bore you with that.

You all know about SPF but there is UPF as well.
This stands for ultraviolet protection factor.
Meaning clothes and other things you can wear to protect yourself for damaging UV rays.

I am applying to become a certified UPF hat maker.
Especially for hats for the little ones, but just as much for grown up skins.
It really is very important.

Well, I'm done being a nagging woman now.

Keeping myself protected under a dense weave and a bucket load of 50+++ SPF sunblock.
It's insanely hot and sunny here. Having lunch by myself in the shade and breeze before a meeting.
54fecea7e7b3de3964b0b19b375c086b.jpg

Breathtaking, Esty!! And, as a marketing person, I am delighted to hear of your intent to be certified as a serious sun-blocker (but don't tell AlanF...). SUPER idea to broaden your product appeal, legitimize our obsession to the masses!!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Even though I am not a make up loving woman I do enjoy quite the extensive skincare routine.
There are lots of reasons but I'm not going to bore you with that.

You all know about SPF but there is UPF as well.
This stands for ultraviolet protection factor.
Meaning clothes and other things you can wear to protect yourself for damaging UV rays.

I am applying to become a certified UPF hat maker.
Especially for hats for the little ones, but just as much for grown up skins.
It really is very important.

Well, I'm done being a nagging woman now.

Keeping myself protected under a dense weave and a bucket load of 50+++ SPF sunblock.
It's insanely hot and sunny here. Having lunch by myself in the shade and breeze before a meeting.
54fecea7e7b3de3964b0b19b375c086b.jpg
That hat is a shameless flatterer, calling attention to an escaping curl, a tawny braid, a sprinkling of freckles over a pert nose, directing the eye to what is most unique about a face. Its curves emphasize a shining pair of eyes, a lofty forehead; its deep brim accentuates the pale tint of a cheek, creates an aura of prettiness, suggests a mystery that awakens curiosity in the onlooker. (Jeanine Larmoth)

You were complaining about the rain two weeks ago.

I covet, David.

Glad you got that comma in there!

the intense heat finally broke for a spell
this old workhorse Borslino comes out for some errands
or as Jim coined it the Borsa Lawn O

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

Hot day, light color, light weight, lotsa shade - perfect summer hat!
Doesn't look like the beater you described from here.

That hat is a shameless flatterer, calling attention to an escaping curl, a tawny braid, a sprinkling of freckles over a pert nose, directing the eye to what is most unique about a face. Its curves emphasize a shining pair of eyes, a lofty forehead; its deep brim accentuates the pale tint of a cheek, creates an aura of prettiness, suggests a mystery that awakens curiosity in the onlooker. (Jeanine Larmoth)

You were complaining about the rain two weeks ago.

Until I read the name Jeanine Larmoth, I was in complete awe of your literary prowess, GHT!! Totally terrific trickery, and accurate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic