Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliesti

A-List Customer
Akubra Balmoral on a suffocatingly humid day in Houston.

b7aeb1507efe8f80bdae9b495a3044d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wow 105'F heat index here in Minnesota. My dogs even have ice cubes in their water bowl. Shortly ago the dogs and I went down to the lake and floated around. Not really playing as we all were way too hot and uncomfortable to play hard. My neighbors kiddingly asked if we were going to heat up the sauna for tonight and if they could come over. Stay home I suggested. Boy howdy - I am going to be still on the deck until the bugs chase me into the air conditioning for the evening. Wearing a supernatural panama (vtg. Stetson). Light, tight open weave on this hat. I wear this straw carefully and love every minute. Today the brim takes an up-brim flange au natural. I have worn it Hollywood, down all around, and trad fedora in the past. Each weather change produces a new look. I am adapting by making no change. Apparently getting older is letting hats do as they may.

i-ZvsP6zH-M.jpg

i-dr5NLXj-M.jpg

I tip my glass (beer is a Founders Centennial IPA) to all posters today - well done!

Best, Eric -

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
That's a week of classy dressing going on there. No doubt.

A'N'A: You make me want to class my act up sir! Love Day#1 tie/shirt/jacket combo. It is an unusual combo, to my eye, that rocks. Thanks for pushing sophistication and class.

Woah man, you're making me insecure about my own suits!
You're killing it with that attire!

That's quite the look you pull of there. Beautiful.

#A'n'A, that's a really excellent style!

Wow, David! That's all I got. Wow!!!

Not quite up to A'n'A's standards, but a highlights of the week recap.

Super sharp!!

You have really impressive style. You can really rock that boater!

I was off the forum for a little bit, so I wanted to go back and thank all of you for the generous comments following my Boater Week! Thanks so much!! Everyone has been looking mighty fine!!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Your Stetson Beachcomber is drop dead gorgeous, Eric!! I might just make one for myself!!

AnA; Thanks. Yell if you need any details. As I have posted this hat's felt is truly a stunning creme and the ribbon treatment sets it aside from all other hats on my hat rack. The original leather sweat just plain wore out and I had Mike at NW Hats replace it. Excellent work. You could check with him about hat craftsmanship details. I know about wearing details - not so much the artisan work like yourself. The thread about hat ribbons and the like is terrific reference for the more unique historic hat offerings. It made me go back and start going thru the old 1920-40 magazine ads to see what other hats we do not see. There are a bunch of hats to that are ripe to have modern hats artisans to take inspiration from. Stetson is the tip of the bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn