Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
Good morning Bob,

I like the looks of a Whippet more and more. You know if it was mine I would just wear it some and see what it did. If it didn't start feeling right after a bit then scare it into behaving with a steaming. It may feel like its sitting low but it looks good!

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
I believe that's Walter Brennan, Deputy. Also starred in "The Real McCoys," if I recollect -- always calling for "Luke!" :D

The Director

The one hat that I regret not buying above all else is Walter Brennan's Borsalino. It sold on ebay many years back. I let it go because it was one size larger than I normally wear. It went for a song....and we call them dumb animals.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
I worked on my newest vintage fedora today, a Stetson Whippet. What do you think? It's a tad big, but when I padded it it didn't feel right. Should I steam the sweat a bit to see if that snugs it up?

Before trying steam, I would leave it on the seat of a closed car, for several hours on a hot day. That should bring it down about 1/2 size. :)

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J.T.Marcus said:
Before trying steam, I would leave it on the seat of a closed car, for several hours on a hot day. That should bring it down about 1/2 size. :)

Thanks, JT. A half size might just do it.

BobC

Thanks, Ken and Rusty. I've been waiting for a Whippet to come along. Couldn't pass this one up.

It's 7 3/8 (59), Cookie. Close!

RBH

Bartender
chanteuseCarey said:
Here is a pic of his vintage Bond Imperial Ten. He's wearing the first of his two (so far) vintage suits, bought with the hat. The vintage DB suit has an inside label marked "Rowles Mack Co. Good Clothes", the coordinating vintage tie has the label "TOWNCRAFT CRAVATS".
361825940.jpg
Great hat!!! Great look! :eusa_clap

BobC

Mrs.C and I are having dinner tonight to celebrate our 11th anniversary. A special occasion calls for a special hat. Mike Moore's The Black works every time.

IMG_1082.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
You both look great!

Happy Anniversary! I hope Kim's looking forward to that special fried gizzard anniversary dinner...:D

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

jimmy the lid said:
Happy Anniversary! I hope Kim's looking forward to that special fried gizzard anniversary dinner...:D

Cheers,
JtL

mmm mmm We can taste 'em already. And we'll still be tastin' em tomorrow. lol lol lol

Thanks, JIm. That Field and Stream is a beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred