Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Mrs.C and I are having dinner tonight to celebrate our 11th anniversary. A special occasion calls for a special hat. Mike Moore's The Black works every time.

IMG_1082.jpg

Happy Anniversary. :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Mrs.C and I are having dinner tonight to celebrate our 11th anniversary. A special occasion calls for a special hat. Mike Moore's The Black works every time.

IMG_1082.jpg

11 years and she hasn't come to her senses yet?? You might just get away with this, pal! lol :D

Congratulations to you both. Wonderful picture of the two of you.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Carey's hubby, Jimmy, Not-Bogart & Not-Handlebar Bart; all looking swell. Really enjoying the pictures. :eusa_clap

I'm also enjoying extended wearing of the Stetson Privateer. A business opportunity came up and I got held over another day in Charlotte so it's been this hat for a few days straight now... :)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
DH and I in our vintage hats...

Worn for volunteering at the California Pops Orchestra Big Band concert today. DH Chuck is wearing his Captain's soft cap with his WWII Army Air Corp summer uniform. My hat is a very special one. A straw tilt hat that came to me in its original box with a note saying it was used for a wedding on the date April 19, 1941. I've had the hat for several weeks, but wanted to wear it today, 68 years later to the day that it was first (and possibly the only time)worn. I had my hair done 40s vintage style specifically for wearing this particular hat.
361917052.jpg

361915074.jpg

361915093.jpg

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
chanteuseCarey said:
Worn for volunteering at the California Pops Orchestra Big Band concert today. DH Chuck is wearing his Captain's soft cap with his WWII Army Air Corp summer uniform. My hat is a very special one. A straw tilt hat that came to me in its original box with a note saying it was used for a wedding on the date April 19, 1941. I've had the hat for several weeks, but wanted to wear it today, 68 years later to the day that it was first (and possibly the only time)worn. I had my hair done 40s vintage style specifically for wearing this particular hat.
361917052.jpg

361915074.jpg

361915093.jpg
You both look not only fantastic but genuine to the period...not many people can pull that off as well!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Happy Anniversary, BobC, and many happy returns. From a Whippet to a Moore? How much more envious can I get??:D
JTL looks perfect for a Sunday outdoors.
Not-Bogart, you remind me I have to watch "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" again. Or "Leathernecks"...you've got a Clooney vibe going on.
HBart, a Stetson with the top down: it doesn't get much better than that.

I was outside digging weeds in 90+ degree southern California sun today, so you DON'T want to see me in my gardening hat. But I'll be posting my new Campdraft soon, I hope...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you very much JazznC...

I'll pass this comment on to DH. I most sincerely appreciate the encouraging feedback, as we've only been into real vintage clothing as a family since just mid-Feb 2009. I want the 40s style and "look" I've chosen and am fine tuning and refining particularly for myself to be just that, looking genuine to the period.

The vintage dealers we are primarily working with are husband and wife team up here in Daly City. They have been excellent in knowing what to recommend and suggest for each of us. We've put ourselves in their knowledgeable good hands.

I think after one acquires "pieces" of the vintage puzzle, then comes the work of putting it all together, along with doing the research necessary to find and create a style and look of one's own that is real.

jazzncocktails said:
You both look not only fantastic but genuine to the period...not many people can pull that off as well!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
11 years and she hasn't come to her senses yet?? You might just get away with this, pal! lol :D

Congratulations to you both. Wonderful picture of the two of you.

Thanks to everyone. We had a really nice meal at one of the nicer restaurants in town. Even though it was a quite nice place, I still saw two baseball caps come in but only one fedora. The young lady who seated us pulled a third chair out for my hat. Nice touch.

Who'da thunk it, eh, Gene? They said it would never last, but we fooled them all. [huh] lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters