Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running errands this morning before traveling. Wearing a vtg. Stetson Scoop. This is an iconic newspaper name and or course hat of the 30's-40's.

i-95ckwV5-M.jpg

i-NppZ5QJ-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Eric the flange radius on this lid really rocks! That is, it's a really righteous and rocking radius, right?! Love it!!

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very much cooler this morning, still in the 40s. I tried a lot of hats before I decided this Resistol Alpha stingy was the one that felt best today.
Resistol Alpha Fedora by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1200982 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Wooly sort of day with a Filson vest and Harris Tweed jacket. And very wooly brain to go with it all.

Michael
Not only a great hat but a fantastic oufit. I would love a wool vest like that.
Wear it in good health.
Johnny

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
This beast I've had for about 20 years. It was the second or third fedora I purchased at Meyer the Hatter, an inexpensive model stamped "Casablanca" on the sweatband. I had Meyer's remove the wide ribbon and install a leather "belt" as the band (back in the days when they did that sort of thing).

Belted_Casablanca_03.jpg Belted_Casablanca_01.jpg Belted_Casablanca_02.jpg Belted_Casablanca_04.jpg

It's been through rain and snow, Colorado sun and damp Loozyana cold. It's dusty now, and doesn't fit me as well as my more recent hats do; and I've never been able to shape the brim to my liking. But somehow I can't bring myself to give it away or sell it. I'm talking with Mike of Northwest Hats about doing up a fedora like it.

EstherWeis

Vendor
These days, my car mechanic wears vinyl medical gloves to keep his hands clean and nice. I've never checked his hands, though...

I can't work with gloves.
I tried but they bug me.
As a tailor and hatter I sort of always need to feel textures.
Too much fun to crack of the plaster after it dries too :)
I don't mind getting them dirty.

My manicurist hates me though :)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
This beast I've had for about 20 years. It was the second or third fedora I purchased at Meyer the Hatter, an inexpensive model stamped "Casablanca" on the sweatband. I had Meyer's remove the wide ribbon and install a leather "belt" as the band (back in the days when they did that sort of thing).

View attachment 57773 View attachment 57774 View attachment 57775 View attachment 57776

It's been through rain and snow, Colorado sun and damp Loozyana cold. It's dusty now, and doesn't fit me as well as my more recent hats do; and I've never been able to shape the brim to my liking. But somehow I can't bring myself to give it away or sell it. I'm talking with Mike of Northwest Hats about doing up a fedora like it.
Im sure you kno Mike can reblock it so it fits right and reflange the brim to yer liking. He does have some cool flanges. Is the hat worth it though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav