Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Knox Superfine today. I have to cop to this starting life as a Hommie but it visited a reprogramming camp where they convinced it to be a fedora.
20161010_154456_resized.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Chilly indeed! 47 Fahrenheits when I left this AM. Last week, while on PTO, I took some time to rotate my hats. Boxed up all the straws and pulled out a few more that are of more mass and suited for cooler weather. Haven't had this one on my head all summer - Stetson 150th Anniversary Racine.

Groovin' hat, 'Fruno!

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Do you mind sharing the name of this camp? That hat looks great! :)

It was me, a spray bottle of distilled water, pressing cloth made from torn pieces of an old white cotton dress shirt, and an iron on low medium temp. It takes a few sessions to convince the brim and edge binding that they no longer belong to a Homburg. I just flat press as I'm not sure of the "grain" of felt and what that means for iron direction. I do have to draw iron outwards to get the roll out of brim edge. I have done this to a half dozen and only one that was a lesser quality felt didn't end up with a good result. Hommie converts usually have a lot of "snap". This one is the most flat of the ones I did. Please don't hate me. There are a lot of unworn Homburg grey with black ribbon hats around sitting in boxes waiting for the bugs to eat them. I think maybe a good supply of black ones too. There seems to be a shortage of Milburn Drysdale bank presidents willing to wear them as Homburgs.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Good info! I just got a real nice Cavanagh fedora. Part of me feels like it would be bad juju to mess with such a nice old hat, but I'm not sure I like the way I look in it. It fits like a glove, too. Almost as good as a custom.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Knox Superfine today. I have to cop to this starting life as a Hommie but it visited a reprogramming camp where they convinced it to be a fedora.
View attachment 57938

SCB , Has anyone ever said you resemble an actor ? I can't figure out who yet , sort of Charles Bronson , but more like another guy , I think his name is Harvey something . No disrespect intended , its a compliment , more for him I would say . I'll see if I can find out who it is . NYC acscent guy . ... found him , Harvey Kietel ...

Harvey+Keitel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats