Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
heading out to pick up some Chinese food in this Flagship
c747889da97830bcd14b6db39a79fec6.jpg

f2f0dcc6f11c73af1fcfff48cd9b45ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real slick Moon!

So many doubters out there, myself included, that thought I'd never make it this far. Well, I woke up this morning and it's 10.23.2016 so, according to mom, I made it to 60. Lady B asked me awhile back what I wanted for my birthday and as usual I told her "nothing, I have all that I need." She found out that I had ordered this Gannon so she said "let me pay for that." Of course I couldn't deny her the pleasure of buying me a gift so this Gannon has become my birthday hat. The only hat she has ever bought me, as far as she knows. :cool:
View attachment 58774 View attachment 58775
Only brought out for special occasions, these Tony Lama's that are about my age.
View attachment 58776

Happy birthday, Boss. Great looking get up!

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Back from church and the little rascals did a great job with their Sunday School presentation... songs, readings. The little 3 and 4 year old kids always get to me, right in the heart. They're so sweet and cute.

I wore the Gannon black cherry with a blue guayabera, navy slacks and some black Luchesse ostrich skin boots. Love the hat, and got some nice compliments.

i-ffj5pCd-XL.jpg

i-nD6PJsx-XL.jpg

i-LtwzgPc-XL.jpg

i-h3NKP95-XL.jpg

Beautiful hat! That color perfect!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Like steam from a shower, or do you actually spray water on your hats?

Right in the shower - don't soak them (usually) just get them a little damp. The hats love it.

Panamas and Milans get a better soaking, sometimes submerged in the sink to soften the straw, before reblocking and shaping.

These hats are tougher than a lot of people think.

Cheers!
David

So many doubters out there, myself included, that thought I'd never make it this far. Well, I woke up this morning and it's 10.23.2016 so, according to mom, I made it to 60. Lady B asked me awhile back what I wanted for my birthday and as usual I told her "nothing, I have all that I need." She found out that I had ordered this Gannon so she said "let me pay for that." Of course I couldn't deny her the pleasure of buying me a gift so this Gannon has become my birthday hat. The only hat she has ever bought me, as far as she knows. :cool:
Only brought out for special occasions, these Tony Lama's that are about my age.
View attachment 58776
Happy Birthday! A Gannon is an appropriate gift when you reach such a milestone! I'm a couple months away from that many decades myself.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Right in the shower - don't soak them (usually) just get them a little damp. The hats love it.

Panamas and Milans get a better soaking, sometimes submerged in the sink to soften the straw, before reblocking and shaping.

These hats are tougher than a lot of people think.

Cheers!
David
Only my Cuenca has seen steam from pot on the stove to keep the front brim down.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Back from church and the little rascals did a great job with their Sunday School presentation... songs, readings. The little 3 and 4 year old kids always get to me, right in the heart. They're so sweet and cute.

I wore the Gannon black cherry with a blue guayabera, navy slacks and some black Luchesse ostrich skin boots. Love the hat, and got some nice compliments.

i-ffj5pCd-XL.jpg

i-nD6PJsx-XL.jpg

i-LtwzgPc-XL.jpg

i-h3NKP95-XL.jpg
Woooow thas a cool looking outfit Doug !!!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 58776
Happy Birthday Greg !!! May this year be full of blessings, happiness, success and good healt !!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 58776

Happy Birthday Greg ! Nice Gift , and Special TL Boots for the occasion ! Hope it was a Wonderful Day ! Special in Every Way !

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
So many doubters out there, myself included, that thought I'd never make it this far. Well, I woke up this morning and it's 10.23.2016 so, according to mom, I made it to 60. Lady B asked me awhile back what I wanted for my birthday and as usual I told her "nothing, I have all that I need." She found out that I had ordered this Gannon so she said "let me pay for that." Of course I couldn't deny her the pleasure of buying me a gift so this Gannon has become my birthday hat. The only hat she has ever bought me, as far as she knows. :cool:Only brought out for special occasions, these Tony Lama's that are about my age.

Happy birthday! Greg, your wife sounds very supportive. I hope you enjoy the special day sharing it with friends, family and new hat.

Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot