Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Getting too hot to wear my felt hat so it's going in the box after today... and the panama is out!

Gray fur felt center dent made by Tim Bender, nice tall crown...

364625801.jpg

364625814.jpg

Ande1964

Practically Family
Restored Resistol

Last year I won a lot of three old, beat up Resistol fedoras. All dated from the late '40s, I'm guessing. I've been slowly working on them, and recently finished off the most extensive renovation.

This hat was really shot, but the felt was intact and had a nice bound edge. I stripped it down completely, cleaned, installed new sweat, liner, and ribbon. I have a long way to go on the bows, but this is probably my best effort to date.

Anyway, I wore it today!

resistol_rebuild.jpg

ande_resistol.jpg

Anj

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
posting this on his behalf-WINGNUT!

This is FL's own Wingnut, looking dashingly handsome in his vintage beaver top hat worn Saturday night with vintage white tie and tails to the Art Deco Ball.

Held at the Paramount Theater in Oakland, CA.
364647309.jpg
Moi (sorry no hat) with Wingnut, taken at the end of the evening. We had one dance together.
364647302.jpg
Me solo, striking a pose or two. Couldn't resist throwing these in just for fun! Yeah, I ain't wearing a hat (for once!) ...so sue me...
364624027.jpg
364647404.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Ande1964 said:
Last year I won a lot of three old, beat up Resistol fedoras. All dated from the late '40s, I'm guessing. I've been slowly working on them, and recently finished off the most extensive renovation.

This hat was really shot, but the felt was intact and had a nice bound edge. I stripped it down completely, cleaned, installed new sweat, liner, and ribbon. I have a long way to go on the bows, but this is probably my best effort to date.

Anyway, I wore it today!

ande_resistol.jpg

Anj

Well done!!! :eusa_clap

B

rrog

A-List Customer
HarpPlayerGene said:
And cool behind-the-wheel shots!

Too bad it's only the family mini van! But my other car is a truck. :rolleyes:

And Ande1964, that's a nice looking hat. I haven't seen the before pics, but the after pics look good.

rrog

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
This afternoon I mowed then torched some brats for dinner. My Sunbody makes a great sweat hat. I put a wider horsehair band on it, and now I like it even better.

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg
Bob...the Sunbody looks great!...but what I want to know is how do you mow a brat?![huh] :p :D

Also...what are the specs on the Playboy and the Flagship?

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
OK, that's it. I'm tired of Kiltie and Douglas waving their Playboys around under my nose. lol I finally got one of my own and I'm wearin' it today!

It is a great hat is it not? It is the best warm weather hat.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Bob...how (do) you mow a brat?![huh] :p :D

Also...what are the specs on the Playboy and the Flagship?

lol Good one.

My Playboy:
Crown (open) - 5-1/4"
Brim - 2-5/8" raw edge but with a hem stitch
Ribbon - 13/16"
Sweat band - 1-7/8"

My Flagship:
Crown (open) - 5-1/2"
Brim - 2-3/4" overwelt
Ribbon - 7/8"
Sweat band - ? (I had to replace it and kept no record)

Not sure how these stats compare to others' versions. Mine are size 7s for what that's worth.

kiltie

Practically Family
Great Playboy HPGene ( and DOUGLAS )! I like the color and dimensions. I wish those things weren't so hard to come by ( in good shape, right size, etc... ) - but then I suppose it wouldn't be as gratifying to put one on yer head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot