Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
Lee Adventure

LeeAdventure-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
What do you expect from THE MAN... but.. the best! :eusa_clap

bakers44

New in Town
Just the beater Resistol again today. Good throw around hat; it's a little big and I've been meaning to reblock it. Maybe I'll get 'round to it one of these days...My friends all say the hat's too tall, but I like it. :)

Photo1266-2.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
Well Mr. Paladin, no Fed on my head today. It was my Akubra Homburg. It was your pics in the Homburg Nation thread that got me thinking of a Homburg. But, I just don't look as happy as you always do in your pics. But I am indeed in my Happy Place wearing that hat :)

Thanks HPG, Chinaski, BobC, and JtL for your kind comments. Too kind to take the time to post.

Gene...maybe I don't follow or stay in the lines with Crayons (Today: Homburg, John's Flying Tiger shirt, jeans, and SPAM flip flops), but you gents are the bomb. All hats on you hat cats posted since I stopped in last just get better. And, I'm not drinking nor is close to closing time ;)

BobC...I keep thinking about a Campdraft but not certain about the thin ribbon. BUT, then again, felt the same about Homburgs and bound edges until I got them on my noggin. I'm soooo easy.

540818644_QQAyt-S.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Panama...

Today I wore my Borsalino. Got it in Milano and came with that beautiful pin and the (functional) wind trolley.

DSC04028.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
Colby Jack said:
Goose...that homburg looks great on you! I'd like to see Akubra's derby also!:D :eusa_clap
HA HA! Know what you mean jelly bean...I didn't have it dented too well. The top of that lid is soft as any Akubra. Brim, stiff enough to be a gnome diving board.
In fact, right after the pic, someone commented that they liked my derby :rolleyes: That resulted in an instant flip off the noggin for a dent check.
Was definitely in need of some Homburger helper. Still had some dent in it, but reality being that Steve doesn't know a Homburg from a iceberg (not a slight on him...most peeps just aren't familar with the nomenclature).

Have popped it out. And guess what? Instant derby. It's two. Two. Two hats in one.

I need to do a gig line check (Marines and others may know what I mean) from time to time with that hat. Or hit it with some starch :eek:
Love my Homburg.

Anyway...thanks CJ :)

JtL...having a nice hat like that may just get me closer to joining the Thin Ribbon coalition. Step at a time. How wide is that ribbon anyway? Curious.
Alucard73...if I ever wore suspenders, that's the look I would go for...SHARP!
J.T. and Aureliano, just two more reasons I should be telling myself to eat more $1 Double Cheeseburgers at Mickey D's so I can save my lunch money for a Borsalino. Seriously, I've been thinking about getting one for a few months now...pushing me over the edge! Maybe one with a thin ribbon. Kill two birds with one stone.

Drum roll please....HARP PLAYER GENE...now THAT is a hat!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
GRRRREAT straws and felts, gentlemen!

Rain is heading into the third day here. Wore a beater Stetson Royal DeLuxe for my out-and-about earlier.

DSC_0004.jpg

Gene, Love that ribbon, honest! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Is that a tableaux of the Rocky Mountains on that ribbon...? :eek: :D

Cheers,
JtL

No, but I do have rocks in my head! :p

Thanks all, for the friendly reception to this old workhorse of a hat. All the sweat-ins while doing remodeling and repair work on houses has made this hat fit like a custom on my knotty noggin'.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Goose. said:

BobC...I keep thinking about a Campdraft but not certain about the thin ribbon. BUT, then again, felt the same about Homburgs and bound edges until I got them on my noggin. I'm soooo easy.

540818644_QQAyt-S.jpg

Hey, Goose, I never met a man that didn't like a Campdraft. I have four of them now plus one for Mrs. C. You can dress them up or dress them down. I love 'em. My collection of thin ribbons is growing almost as fast as RBH's.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GallatinHatMan said:
It was supposed to be a high of 70 today so I opted for felt.

PIC-0125.jpg

PIC-0126.jpg

PIC-0127.jpg

This is a soft felt fedora which says it was made by Keens in Britain for Halle Brothers Co, a Cleveland, Ohio, Department Store. This hat was purchased on ebay for $15.50. I like the feel and fit and thought I got a bargain.

I've paged back several times to look at this hat again, GHM. I really like it. How about a noggin shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley