Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
J. Hückel´s Söhne "Standard Loden", NOS from my April 2016 Czech find.

30104320334_75d3869245_c.jpg

30648447541_460f28fb7c_c.jpg

30436210940_40028afebe_c.jpg

30101633503_71cd2871c3_c.jpg

Neu Titschein. Hückel´s Söhne Fabrik - Villen

30648904961_f837f0fda1_c.jpg

Your hats are always my favorite... I love every single one of them. I need to visit more hatters next time I fly across the Atlantic.

Today foggy and a little bit colder than yesterday

Not a Barbisio but a Grosso Valtz & Co "model 6662" and color "moca"
2aewhfm.jpg

The factory was in Andorno Micca, very close (10 km south) to Sagliano Micca home of Barbisio and Cervo
315eiw7.jpg

This hat arrived probably from the forties or the late thirties and made in the "Vallle del Cervo" north of Biella - Piedmont home of important hats producers
68ssv6.jpg

Plain felt in moka (coffee) color with brim 6,5 cm. and crown 12 cm. with ribbon at 5 cm. very well finish
s18dtt.jpg

One of the few Italians hats I have that could be dated before the II WW

Thanks for the likes on the Barbisio "Misto" of Monday
Have a nice day!

Yes this one is special. Great to see it in action.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
That is a lovely misto Barbisio, Daniele and it suits you well. <clapping hands!>
Yes Alan. Barbisio, as Cervo worked more than Borsalino on the "feltro misto"
The Barbisio and Cervo had a more mountains tradition in the preparation of the felt, so they used more the wool
Borsalino hatters from the plain made, "operational philosophy", more luxurious hats with fur felts in its various applications.
These Barbisio are all made of "misto"
30vc4tv.jpg

2zrkjyu.jpg

8xu5hv.jpg

It is interesting to note that, the ruthless competiton between the historical Italians hats producers, had the effect that everyone made somenthing that the others done without mercy. This was for a period positive because the quality got higher and higher, then, when hats became an aimless item, a sort of mortal venom

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
A Portis beater today. I really should work on it, but some days I want a hat that matches my mood. And I'm feeling beater today.
P1210308 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Portis Hat by Michael A2012, on Flickr

I see lots of other folks are holding up the quality and style end of the spectrum, so I'm going to coast.

Enjoy yourselves and play nice.

Michael
I think you're doing fine on the style end. Don't mess with the hat. It's got character [emoji41]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara