Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
Even I remember that! Why did he add the Mellencamp name??

He didn't add it, he went back to it. If I'm recalling an article or two about him correctly, his agent had him as John Cougar as a stage name on his first album (allegedly without JM knowing about it). When he became a big enough star to have the clout he went back to his own name but probably retained the "Cougar" so people wouldn't get confused.

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Yesterday I decided to just Whippet

After all, Whippet Good! (To steal from another thread and a song.)

StetsonWhippet21May09.jpg

Today it's a Lee Black Label. It's a summer hat, without a liner.

TomandXander22May09.jpg

TomandXander22May092.jpg

Cheers,
Tom

Torpedo

One Too Many
BobC, looking at that pic of yours somehow urges me for a nice break...
EvenSteven, great image! And the porkpie fits there smooooothly!
AlanC, I dig that casual ensemble. The puggaree makes it click together.
TangoY, whichever you choose, you do well.

Torpedo

One Too Many
First, thank you everybody for the enthusiastic appreciation of my latest ensemble. It seems like it was one of those times when the various elements go together very well.

Something with a 50's-early 60's mood today... Mallory "flat top" in charcoal grey.

DSC_0492-1.jpg

It has a back bow.

DSC_0495.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
First, thank you everybody for the enthusiastic appreciation of my latest ensemble. It seems like it was one of those times when the various elements go together very well.

Something with a 50's-early 60's mood today... Mallory "flat top" in charcoal grey.

It has a back bow.

DSC_0495.jpg

Not a big fan of the back bow, but that one works and looks great on you!

B

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful hats, T.Y., Torpedo, Jaunty and Michael!

---------

Wore my orange-ish/brown Dobbs Hanover Square today.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Then later I added this vintage tie I found in a thrift store this afternoon. When I saw it I just couldn't keep the fifty cents in my pocket. :D

DSC_0004.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
C&K Milan

Great hats, everybody! :eusa_clap

It's a gorgeous day in Chicagoland and I am wearing my C&K milan. Last night I removed the pug I had been using and tacked some vintage ribbon on it. Quite an improvement, I think. Thanks to Lefty for the tip!

365047940.jpg

365047942.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
That Strat is gorgeous....:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap ...Looks like a gray or powder blue on my screen....

That is a beaut' isn't it. And from the fantastic felt era. Also has that golden looking contrasting grosgrain which is, I think, a function of age. I like that look.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Gene...you are dead on! That golden ribbon really helps to set it off! Now, maybe I can send my Canookistan Whippet of for a refurb and have that color added to it...[huh] :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Gene...you are dead on! That golden ribbon really helps to set it off! Now, maybe I can send my Canookistan Whippet of for a refurb and have that color added to it...[huh] :eusa_clap

"Canookistan" lol That's funny. I did, however, have a fantastic time back in the early '80s traipsing across Vancouver, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Montreal and Toronto. Only mistake was, I was there in FEBRUARY! Thank God for my thick wool overcoat and a fedora! Also, the drinks (and the dames) kept me warm.;)

As far as that binding color, I have two like that. Both thin ribbons with edge binding. One an OR and one a Strat'. It's not just a solid gold color. It's very pale, almost canary yellow/peachy in nature. And it's not entirely even. That's why I've oft wondered if its faded to that hue or if it was one of those clever combos they used to think up. [huh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic