Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
special special piece ... I own one ... I believe yours is an earlier offering though
If Ole's observation in the Flagship thread is correct (and he seems to know his stuff!) it may be from the first or second year of production!
It sure is a great old lid...the brim treatment and petersham ribbon are quite different from anything else I have.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This one is for Daniele!
I like the Cervo production even the recent.
This is stunning!
Thanks Daniele! They were importing Cervo into New York City in the early 2000's as an alternative to Borsalino: however, it didnt seem to last. I am not sure where to find them in the U.S.A., or if they are even still available? I have always admired your Cervo postings, so yes this one is for you!

Something has been gnawing at me since my post here http://www.thefedoralounge.com/index.php?posts/2166532 earlier today.

It may very well be that I am engaging in a bit of scrupulosity here, but I regret my glib treatment of addiction in my post. My family and countless others have been (and are being) scourged by various real addictions to substances and other self-destructive behaviors. And many of us have lost loved ones and friends from those addictions.

So... I just want to apologize for my tongue in cheek treatment of a very serious matter. I hope that my jackassery did not cause anyone any emotional pain.

The enjoyment I derive from collecting, and seeing you folks collect and create, such wonderful headwear are good things that I should not have equated with addictions that devastate the lives of so many.

That said...

Be kind. Be well. Have fun.

And thanks for bringing so much fun to my days.

Matt, I second Anthony. While no person is untouched by such issues, we shouldn't get tangled up in worry over an obviously light-hearted comment. Your tagline and my life philosophy dovetail. I have long believed that "life should be fun." I also believe that there is humor in any situation, no matter how dark.

We know you, you're family. I don't think anybody took it badly. We have always chided other FLers about being "enablers."

So don't sweat it.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Matt, I second Anthony. While no person is untouched by such issues, we shouldn't get tangled up in worry over an obviously light-hearted comment. Your tagline and my life philosophy dovetail. I have long believed that "life should be fun." I also believe that there is humor in any situation, no matter how dark.

We know you, you're family. I don't think anybody took it badly. We have always chided other FLers about being "enablers."

So don't sweat it.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thanks Jim. I'll try not to be TOO neurotic.

Love the D'Aquino!

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
image.jpeg

My Borsalino Alessandria came today. Will have to go on the stretcher. Fits snugger than my other 6 7/8s. Beautiful hat. Felt is similar but softer than my Stetson strat. Probably both around the same 60s-70s era.
If it was not for be cushion behind front of the sweat it would most likely fit spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace