Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Jim... Funny, I was just thinking that I needed to do some more digging about him. I looked a little bit when I got the hat last spring and found nothing. Then I got sidetracked by my accident and surgery. Gonna try some more.

Merry Saturday, my friend.

I just did a quick Google, with no real results. "Richard Stewart Philadelphia" got me an obit of somebody who passed in 2009, which sounds a bit too late. Assuming ~65 when he retired from Stetson, say late fifties or even early 60s would put him over 100 today.

very interesting that piece

you think the brim was cut somewhere in its life?
... it says Mode Edge yet it is bound ... interesting

I didn't even notice that.

Happy Saturday.
I need coffee.

Richard Stewart's hat presented to him upon his retirement from Stetson

View attachment 61703 View attachment 61704 View attachment 61705 View attachment 61706
9076ff38cce51c25164eac1a101dd3f5.jpg
View attachment 61707
bd4f7e074a3f268520b987df6ae3c0fb.jpg

Sunshine...
5676752498ae0513dbf1421392848e18.jpg

Hope that all enjoy their days.
Very cool Matt!
Love it.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
very interesting that piece

you think the brim was cut somewhere in its life?
... it says Mode Edge yet it is bound ... interesting
Yeah... It's odd. As folks notice, there are a number of strange things about it. After I first got it, I sent pics to a friend who doesn't frequent the lounge much, but is pretty knowledgeable about hats.

He suggested an odd theory... That all of the parts, and brim treatment are original and that the apparent mishmash was Mr. Stewart's friends way of ribbing him upon his retirement.

I've looked pretty darned closely at it, and it all seems original. And the felt is just incredible.

Weird.

P.S. I've got the original box, too. I'll take more pics and post them. Maybe some other folks can help with this odd duck. Which thread do you think would be best?

Matt

Last edited:
Yeah... It's odd. As folks notice, there are a number of strange things about it. After I first got it, I sent pics to a friend who doesn't frequent the lounge much, but is pretty knowledgeable about hats.

He suggested an odd theory... That all of the parts, and brim treatment are original and that the apparent mishmash was Mr. Stewart's friends way of ribbing him upon his retirement.

I've looked pretty darned closely at it, and it all seems original. And the felt is just incredible.

Weird.

P.S. I've got the original box, too. I'll take more pics and post them. Maybe some other folks can help with this odd duck. Which thread do you think would be best?

Matt

I like that theory.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay