Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Nice collection of lids this cold Thursday morning. Wearing a reworked Resistiol 3X. Both the brim and the crown have been reshaped. I used Tom Selleck's "Down Under" hat for inspiration on this one. Can't seem to get a good picture of it, though.

Quigley_Down_Under_9.jpg

Down_Under_4.jpg

Down_Under_5.jpg

Some Hank Williams

I think you did an amazing job on that hat. You look great in it, too!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Making somebody use their non-dominant hand has been known to cause stuttering, for one thing. Fortunately, I've not experienced anything like that. My mom was a nurse and a smart cookie - it was never an issue. I had a kindly left-handed teacher in elementary school who patiently worked with me on my penmanship and things like tying my shoes. I view it as an advantage that I've had to adapt to a right-handed world, which enables me to better use both hands for various things. I always thight, "Hey, Jimi Hendirx and Sandy Koufax. I'm in good company!"

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
wait, what?
being a drummer I've spent most of my life trying to get my weak hand to match my dominant hand... it literally takes a lifetime to get even what I would consider close

and the whole "ambidextrous" thing.... I find that it is not nearly as common as people think it is ... not even close

I've encountered countless people ... adult students included ... who claimed to be "ambidextrous" ... but have never met someone who actually was

I find that is a term that is way overused and is a situation that is extremely rare in reality

sorry to bore you with my thoughts on ambidexterity :)

being a drummer I've spent most of my life trying to get my weak hand to match my dominant hand... it literally takes a lifetime to get even what I would consider close

and the whole "ambidextrous" thing.... I find that it is not nearly as common as people think it is ... not even close

I've encountered countless people ... adult students included ... who claimed to be "ambidextrous" ... but have never met someone who actually was

I find that is a term that is way overused and is a situation that is extremely rare in reality

To be truly ambidextrous is a rare thing. Us lefties have a lifetime of training due to adaptation which increases the balance, though. Some things I do I actually feel better using my right hand for, but that's probably due to being forced into it by convention. If you can't write in cursive equally well, with both hands, you ain't even close.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
To be truly ambidextrous is a rare thing. Us lefties have a lifetime of training due to adaptation which increases the balance, though. Some things I do I actually feel better using my right hand for, but that's probably due to being forced into it by convention. If you can't write in cursive equally well, with both hands, you ain't even close.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
strange thing

I have left handed students who are better with their right hand than right handed students

leftys are unique creatures ... truly

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up

Anthony I complete agreed with you!
I have several problems when I started the primary school because I'm more left and the nuns first and then the teachers wanted me write and design with the right hand.
Until my youthness I was able to write with both hands and for some reasons, even today, I use both hands in ordinary life.
By the way since my twenty I lost the ability to write fluently, only when I look into the photocamera I use more the left side of my body above all the left eyes, but I do not consider myself "ambidextrous" as many people said during my life.

Last edited:

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Here today is a holiday. It is the Annunciation
2igm36c.jpg

Misty day and very cold. All the trees and the ground is frozen
6s98up.jpg

To respect the tradition of these days I propose a Barbisio that more Italian you can not
dra1c.jpg

It was done in the 70's with the characteristics of those years
5zqxya.jpg

The proportions are contained, especially the crown.
Felt
5cf708.jpg
is really soft and the ribbon a little fancy
I gave him a form as it was in vogue in those years here in Italy
2la6k1v.jpg

See this Barbisio so on my head was a long jump in the past
That's another story........

Have a nice day and thanks for the likes on the Albertini

Interesting! In America today is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Either way, it is a feast!

strange thing

I have left handed students who are better with their right hand than right handed students

leftys are unique creatures ... truly

I'm a switch-hitter. I have more control from the right side, more power from the left. I field as a lefty, though. I'd much rather key in numbers with my right hand and would feel funny using a mouse with my left. Go figure.

OK, enough of the threadjack. Back to hats, which aren't subject to such things as lefty/righty!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Here today is a holiday. It is the Annunciation
2igm36c.jpg

Misty day and very cold. All the trees and the ground is frozen
6s98up.jpg

To respect the tradition of these days I propose a Barbisio that more Italian you can not
dra1c.jpg

It was done in the 70's with the characteristics of those years
5zqxya.jpg

The proportions are contained, especially the crown.
Felt
5cf708.jpg
is really soft and the ribbon a little fancy
I gave him a form as it was in vogue in those years here in Italy
2la6k1v.jpg

See this Barbisio so on my head was a long jump in the past
That's another story........

Have a nice day and thanks for the likes on the Albertini
Good looking Barbisio, Daniele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics