Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey people!
Dark, drippy day. This 50's Lee Silver Label says "Water Bloc"...I guess we're going to find out what that's all about!

16b5d47e9af683d4f648981982cfba6d.jpg
13a9eb667f1d20223cc5663cd271c3b2.jpg
d7958381c0062e1bcd6c484ae3c54d82.jpg
fc018b902c98183c6f542e8069c62009.jpg

Have a great day!

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.
Nice Lee, the black is rich looking. Photographed well.

We went to the church for a holiday brunch this morning, and a good time was had by all. Most people wore some sort of red sweater with a Christmas theme. Not me, I went native via the "Mele Kalikimaka" theme with a Hawaiian shirt, Vans aloha style slip-ons, wild socks from my nephew in Ecuador, and a Falcon Park silverbelly with a "steely" navy ribbon and bow. Fun!

i-jXhBsRR-XL.jpg

i-6DHfWMt-L.jpg

i-RVVrJzq-XL.jpg

i-NnzPxt9-XL.jpg

i-Hs9b4Js-XL.jpg

i-xvbqxGL-XL.jpg
The wonderful hat notwithstanding, you really stand out in a crowd! Mele Kalikimaka to you and yours! Nice family pics.

Bigger Don

Practically Family
One advantage winter has where I live is the days are shoter. I ususally go for wide brimmed Akubra hats during the summer but with only eight hours of daylight my stingy brims get some action on the nicer days.

Johnny
I find I like a broader brim when the sun is lower in the sky. Strokes and folks I guess.

EstherWeis

Vendor
The new ones from Tonak don't come close to the vintage lightweight double sided luscious velours, but it's better than nothing though: http://www.hatparade.eu/ladies-hat-bodies/hoods/doublesided-velour/mona-bds-ix-61-62-cms-94-g/

I love the crease, and I love the fact that one could theoretically change the bash everyday on open crown hats... not like shaving your beard, that would take a while to get to it's current length! ;-)

Great look Esther, would love to see the bow! Do you have a special cutter for trimming the folded brim edge? I've seen old ones out there...

What a beauty!! Do you give it a brush every now and then?...

Looking dapper as always Michael, I admire that you do not let something like freezing weather hinder your style! The new hat looks great and I prefer the side view, from the front it looks a bit small to me, still a great hat :)

I have to say, the TONAK velours is pretty outstanding. They vary from color to color though. That blue of of mine is absolutely lush.
Harv has one in the making in a melange velours. They are really outstanding quality.

It takes practice to finish brims, i have all sorts of tools, yet the good old scissors are my best friend.

Thank you, the bow is made from silk taffeta ribbon.

aba18e135a6e923d23d63f3278bcb53c.jpg

I need more coffee, concealer and sleep.
5de3312746c8acbe81fc1dc679c4d795.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR