Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Today was one of the busiest days on WHAYWT that I can remember.

Just a tremendous assortment of hats and SO MANY DIFFERENT STYLES! Just such a hoot...

Thanks so much for all the likes and comments on the Bergen mystery hat.

Merry Friday eve.

Oh... and lest I fail to point it out... REMEMBER THAT
IMG_201512252_125246-picsay.jpg

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I can't think of a sexier dance for a woman. It's originally a Gypsy dance, isn't it? BTW, the hat looks perfect.
Thanks, every new Gannon I think is the nicest one, but then I open a box of an older one and dang its so beautiful.

And yes, this is as sensual as it gets, its the art of negotiation between a man and a woman in its purest form.

The lady is my sons piano and violin teacher, yes I have a Hippie son, and a Sport Billy and the toddler who believes he is a true Dandy.... Go figure... The 3 stoges ja ja ja

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
For months I've been looking at Whiskey Gannon hats, and they're superb, but then Chamuco comes along with an entirely new design, and Bam,! my ideas on a new hat get splattered all over the place. Rodolfo, you keep shaking up my world on the "best" design for a hat! :cool:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, every new Gannon I think is the nicest one, but then I open a box of an older one and dang its so beautiful.

And yes, this is as sensual as it gets, its the art of negotiation between a man and a woman in its purest form.

The lady is my sons piano and violin teacher, yes I have a Hippie son, and a Sport Billy and the toddler who believes he is a true Dandy.... Go figure... The 3 stoges ja ja ja

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
The most astonishing thing about having a kid is watching the emergence of the personality as he or she grows. And, BTW, that's as finely worded a description of a dance as I've ever seen. You could come to Miami and teach English. Cheers.

Dlaniger

Thanks for the warm welcome! Everybody's wearing beautiful hats again!

Impeccable! I love what they did with that ribbon.

Beautiful! Your hats really are stunning, such an inspiration! What is the inside of your ladies' fedoras like? Are they finished like most men's hats or unlined with a grosgrain sweatband like most women's hats?

Looking forward to seeing your hat today. Bowler it is for me, more pics in the bowler thread if anyone's interested...

View attachment 62589
Thanks, Celia! Welcome to the lounge

Dlaniger

Every promise is a debt, so they say in Italy
Mid of the week with long fur Italian hats
2ij102a.jpg

Barbisio Titan ice color
a9xw6o.jpg

Felt is extremely malleable and difficult to keep in shape
1xzz8l.jpg

The construction of the felt and finish are superb
301n3m0.jpg

The proportions are those of hats without a snap brim
ftg4cy.jpg

It has come here (stock inventory) in a lucky deal a few years ago

Yesterday Guerra 1855 cream color was a great success.
Thank you all for the appreciation and kind words!

Buon Mercoledì
Love the long hares Daniele!

Not that many, the exhibition was quite small. There were a few good hats and some interesting audio-visual material, but I had hoped for more, especially considering Vienna's rich history of hat making. Of course the focus was on the social history and significance of headwear, but even there I could think of more they could have done to expand on a topic that is very interesting. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice little exhibition, but still a bit of a missed opportunity I thought. You can look through the catalogue here: https://issuu.com/wienmuseum/docs/wien_museum_katalog_chapeau?e=8579064/36332124

I used the opportunity to see the rest of the museum as well as I'd never been before, which was worth it. There were a couple of other temporary exhibits on, a larger one about the Prater which had some interesting material and another very small one with architectural drawings, also interesting. The permanent collection is worthwhile as well.
I live vicariously through your travels. Even though the Hut exhibit did not hit all of the spots we hat historians would have liked, it would be so wonderful to see. Historical interpretation is often driven by current trends in the discipline, hence the social history. It's all good, just some is better than others. Did you capture any photos of the exhibit to share with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24