Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading out for the evening under an Amish stiff felt hat made by Flying Cloud Hats in Ronks, PA.

View attachment 63443 View attachment 63444 View attachment 63445
c375b3411b886561fec4ed59d961da44.jpg

View attachment 63446 View attachment 63447

We don't seem to see much (well, at least I haven't) on the Lounge about Anabaptist and other headwear worn by practitioners of various religions. This webpage http://philippi-collection.blogspot.com/2012_07_01_archive.html?m=1 does a very nice job covering the Anabaptists and has links to pages that describe the communities, their beliefs and their histories. There also is great info on other denominations' headwear elsewhere on the site.

Wonderful hats today... Thanks for sharing them with me. It's always a ton of fun.
Thanks for that info. I live and work near Amish communities in Ohio, so I see a lot of these hats.

Great outfit. I'm a married guy so say hello to a couple of floozies for me will ya?

My wife has given me permission to say hello to all the floozies. In exchange, she'll say hello to all the lawyers she likes.
The Saloon Floozies is a local women's group of reenactors & living history presenters. They chose their name & it's not derogatory in any way.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
The Saloon Floozies is a local women's group of reenactors & living history presenters. They chose their name & it's not derogatory in any way.

That's unfortunate. I had "low" hopes for you last night. :eek:

And I concur with everybody about the pace of this thread. It's really taken off in recent months. Everybody is so active and convivial, it's great. However, if I didn't suffer from getting up in the middle of the night and roaming around the house on a regular basis (and checking the Lounge), I'd never be able to keep up!

Molto bello Charlie the Robley
May I have more details on this, unknown to me, splendid hat?

Thank you, Daniele! I am at your service, Sir...
This great lid with a Cavanagh ("Guided," actually) edge brim was manufactured by Dobbs as a Dobbs 20, then finished and labeled by Robley Hats. Definitely a lucky find!

DSC07918.jpg DSC07921.jpg

Daniele I mistook your photo wearing that tremendous Titan for a young Ricardo Montalban!!

Last edited:

Bigger Don

Practically Family
I figured it was something above board, about as likely to be real saloon floozies as Bare Naked Ladies really being bare naked ladies. Heck, as far as I knew it was all men or a mixed group.

That said, sounds like folks who like their fun where they make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic