Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Schoble Warburton
sun003.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Fletch what a GREAT HAT on you, especially with the madras tie added on- well done!

Hey,that's one GORGEOUS vintage sax you've got there. Do you collect vintage ones? Do you only play tenor? When I've worked with the California Pops Orchestra, many members of the brass section doubled or even tripled... They even have a french horn player that also plays a mean harmonica.

Fletch said:
Here's my Ubi cheapo porkpie with a madras band I made out of an old tie.
The saxophone is a 1936 Conn 8M C melody, with original mouthpiece.
3669574201_8c22964922.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I'm sure I can speak for all on this thread, we've been missing you Torpedo! Good to hear from you...

Torpedo said:
I am pretty busy these days, and I am posting very sporadically, but I thought I ought to say hello!

...and to leave some comments too!
Keep them coming!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Very nice in the Montecristi Alanc, you are always the picture of the sharp dressed man! I LOOOVE seeing a man wearing a self tie bowtie!! My husband wore one today that matched my blouse for church (navy with red dots)!

Question for you- where do you get the small checked pocket scarves??

AlanC said:
VS blocked PanamaBob Montecristi:
p1014467.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wore my RBH blocked milan to my nephews' softball game this evening. Guess who had on the only fedora amongst all those baseball caps? Sorry, no pic.

Thanks, Rusty. The milan looks like it ought to look now. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Today I wore my Barbisio Panama - - and look who came to visit me all the way from Jacksonville!
DSC_0007.jpg

The IndyCop family joined my gal and I for a lunch at Cracker Barrel and then we came back to the HPG home-spun hat museum for some show and tell:
DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Dee looking lovely in my latest thin ribbon pick-up:
DSC_0015.jpg

One of their daughters playing one of my guitars better than I can!
DSC_0030.jpg

What a nice family. We really enjoyed their visit!
DSC_0032.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Indy brought along a Panama Bob hat that was distorting due to his long oval head shape so I fixed it up for him.

Befores:
DSC_0017.jpg

(Oh no, I posted a pic of IC doing what could only be described as smiling. He's going to have to kill me now!)
DSC_0018.jpg

I put in a Hat Jack to simulate the distortion and then dampened the brim. With weights (books) and hand shaping I was able to get the brim to relax. Off camera, my gal Nicki is applying some dry heat with a hair dryer on low setting to re-stiffen the brim and set the shape.
DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

Afters:
DSC_0026.jpg

(Checking it out in the mirror)
DSC_0027.jpg

{EDIT: I just realized I got carried away by putting this here in this thread. I'll post it over in the Panama Canal thread too so it's in the proper place.}

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Then you were the coolest looking one there of them all, BobC. The one unique and stylish hatted man amongst the herd... Good for you!

BobC said:
I wore my RBH blocked milan to my nephews' softball game this evening. Guess who had on the only fedora amongst all those baseball caps? Sorry, no pic.

Thanks, Rusty. The milan looks like it ought to look now. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy