Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Back to the cream Borso today...

CreamBorso-2.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

That hat looks just... perfect. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
kaosharper1 said:
How do you get that Hollywood swope in the brim? It looks great and I never seem to get it right. It always looks goofy when I do it. Too droopy on the down side.

Thanks alot fellas.

This hat is so wafer thin and soft it easily takes to swoops and sweeps all its own. This hat lets me play with the brim without it being too dramatic, other stiffer hats seem to do what you describe and are too drastic for me to pull off. Thanks for the compliment

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I've been sticking with felts so far this year.

It's been a while since my last Hat of the Day post, so here is one. Today it was an Aristocrat, Exclusive to Antonio Toffani in Venezia.

Aristocrat29Jun09.jpg

It's slightly darker than it appears in the photo. It has a narrow bound edge with a decorative zig-zag stitch about an eighth of an inch inside the binding edge. and a puggaree-style ribbon.

Cheers,
Tom

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
jimmy the lid said:
Back to the cream Borso today...

CreamBorso-2.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Enough about the hat (which is utterly beautiful!!:eusa_clap ), is that a DaVinci shirt you're wearing? I very much like the contrast-stitching on the collar.. What a hep-cat-combination!! :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jimmy, that Borsalino is a peach! The ribbon and binding look perfect and make it truly outstanding.

TY, great outfit and hat. Your color coordination is always good and this is no exception! Looks "Aristocrat--ic".

So many great hats!

JtL, Super Borsalino and shirt combo. You have an amazing collection of Borsalinos!

YT, Love that Aristocrat and great match with the suit. BTW is that Aristocrat as in Barbisio?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks to all for the extremely nice comments. The color and light weight of this Borso make it ideal for summer, so it's definitely getting out and about! :)

As far as the shirt goes, it is a Nat Nast. The pick stitching around the collar and down the front of the shirt is a trademark component. Cool colors and styles with a kind of retro vibe...;)

Cheers,
JtL

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Great hats, everyone! Nice to see felts being worn in the summer-time.
I'm wearing my Campdraft to-day; I like the sun protection the wide brim gives. It got up to 82 degrees here:eek: ; a veritable heat-wave for this part of France!
Picture500-1.jpg

billyspew

One Too Many
Jauntyone said:
Great hats, everyone! Nice to see felts being worn in the summer-time.
I'm wearing my Campdraft to-day; I like the sun protection the wide brim gives. It got up to 82 degrees here:eek: ; a veritable heat-wave for this part of France!
Picture500-1.jpg

You look great Jaunty (love the suit/tie/hat colour scheme), and I'm with you on the Campdraft, I have my Tawny Fawn on today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn