Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
Stetson Twenty Mode Edge for me this evening:

DSC_0035.jpg

That's it Gene! You've got "The Natural" Robert Redford hat. Now just beat the living daylights out of it and it will be perfect!

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DOUGLAS said:
MY word that is fantastic! You have an enviable collection Garrett.

That means alot coming from you, Douglas. Thankyou. Often, I envy and am inspired by your own collection. Your contributions to this forum are priceless.

Trebuchet64_Fal

Familiar Face
Last week end i found a dark green Huckle Fedora (70's model i think ) in a Vintage clothes store in Bendigo , the price was reasonable , the size was right and i was pleased with the Qaulity of the hat , so i have been wearing it this week ,it is a very comfortable hat to wear and looks great. i have not found much info on theses hats, can anyone give me some background on Huckle hats. Cheers Peter.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Stetson Twenty Mode Edge for me this evening:

DSC_0035.jpg

That's a beauty, Gene. I recently got my first Stetson Mode Edge, and my observation is that the lip on the Mode Edge is far less pronounced than on my Dobbs fedoras with the Guild Edge. (I hope that makes sense). Looking at your photo, I have a similar reaction -- seems like the Mode Edge was just a bit more subtle. I should probably post this observation in one of Brad's threads for comment. But, do you have any thoughts on this based on your own lids? Anyone else have ideas on this?

Cheers,
JtL

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some really great hats everyone!

J-1, you are a standout in that white suit and Camp Draft. I envy your climate, it was 82* for the LOW last night here in Texas!

Trebuchet64_Fal said:
Last week end i found a dark green Huckle Fedora (70's model i think ) in a Vintage clothes store in Bendigo , the price was reasonable , the size was right and i was pleased with the Qaulity of the hat , so i have been wearing it this week ,it is a very comfortable hat to wear and looks great. i have not found much info on theses hats, can anyone give me some background on Huckle hats. Cheers Peter.

Your hat was made by TONAK. All the Czech - Slovak (really Austrian - German) hat companies were nationalized under TONAK after WWII. This link has some good info on Hückel. You will need to page down. There also more info on the following page too.

By the way my profile picture is a vintage late 1930s Hückel.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=33795&page=5

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
...the lip on the Mode Edge is far less pronounced than on my Dobbs fedoras with the Guild Edge.

Hmmmmm.... Not sure. I compared it to other felted-in brim edges I have around here (Lee, Disney, Knox, Dobbs) and on my Stetson it's not that the Mode Edge is 'sharper' necessarily, but it is wider. It goes deeper onto the brim edge. This could give the appearance of it being less thick than the others. I like the effect.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
And with a (most appropriate) Hollywood brim! But do not show that over at the COW, I think it can be considered defilement, or even desecration... :p

You think that's bad -- try the double teardrop...:eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen