Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wellema

84e9fd3e848d2b03331d74aa6f7e4b66.jpg
Wow, never seen that one before, a real beauty!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Overwhelmingly wonderful VitaLid, Matt! Can't say that enough. But HOW on EARTH did you explain what we do here?!!
Well... first I admitted that I am a weirdo (which I generally always assume is patently obvious, anyway) and that I collect vintage hats.

I then explained that a bunch of folks (NOT WEIRDOS, though [each of you has the right to determine that about yourself. Far be it for me to judge[emoji6] ]) who collect and/or make and enjoy hats, post pictures and discuss them on the Lounge. So it's like a fellowship (which is exactly what it is, right?).

It made sense to her. She even offered to take my picture. Sweet lady...

Last edited:
Well... first I admitted that I am a weirdo (which I generally always assume is patently obvious, anyway) and that I collect vintage hats.

I then explained that a bunch of folks (NOT WEIRDOS, though [each of you has the right to determine that about yourself. Far be it for me to judge[emoji6] )] who collect and/or make and enjoy hats, post pictures and discuss them on the Lounge. So it's like a fellowship (which is exactly what it is, right?).

It made sense to her. She even offered to take my picture. Sweet lady...

I always preferred Freak. But then, I'm a FZ fan.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thursday with dark clouds and humidity prevailing
15q99jo.jpg

Tirard in medium gray
213553p.jpg

It is unlined, a hat that comes straight from the 50 or 60
2yjphqv.jpg

Felt very malleable medium consistency
1zb7zw4.jpg

Hat for half a season, but today the weather was that of an average autumn
I introduce you to my partner of photographs
29wo20m.jpg

Thanks and thanks again for your likes on Borsalino with blue shark gill ribbon
Good day to everyone and get ready for the New Year's Eve

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I always preferred Freak. But then, I'm a FZ fan.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Yeah... I think of myself as a freak, too.

The problem with using that language in polite (and impolite for that matter) company is that folks sometimes start looking to see if I have a hunchback or deceased conjoined twin attached somewhere. On the other hand, weirdo doesn't carry the same risk of stirring up antiquated and unfortunate prejudices against people who might have physical differences from most other folks.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Starting to rain.

Premier Vita-Felt for the occasion. View attachment 63837 View attachment 63838 View attachment 63839 View attachment 63840 View attachment 63841 View attachment 63842 View attachment 63843

I'm at the courthouse this morning and a city worker picking up garbage inquired about what I was doing. I explained the Fedora Lounge to her. She thought it was pretty neat. That's nice. Especially, since it is pretty neat.

Have a marvelous day. [emoji111]
Yer hats pretty "neat" too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace